We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice to Brunico by train with snowboard bag

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Venice to Brunico by train with snowboard bag

Hello,

It is possible/easy to bring a snowboard bag on the train from Venice to Brunico? Would the same apply from Brunico to Kitzbuhel?

My girlfriend and I are leaving Venice on January 1, 2010 headed to San Cassiano (Brunico area) for two nights, then on to Kitzbuhel for a friend's wedding.

It is tricky to book train tickets right now, as the schedules are not fully updated with Trenitalia/Deutsche Bahn.

Also, it is about 325euro to rent a car from Venice to Bolzano, but it costs 1,300euro more to drop the car off in Kitzbuhel on the same day.

Has anyone out there done the same trip?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Brunico
Brunico
Province of South Tyrol, Italy
Kitzbuhel
Kitzbuhel
Tirol, Austria
San Cassiano
San Cassiano
Bolzano
Bolzano
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice to Brunico by train with snowboard bag

There is no checked baggage on a train, so you can take with you anything you can carry. How you store it is your problem. Do not have more baggage than you can handle comfortably by yourselves, as there is no-one to help you.

It is highly unlikely you will be able to book through Trenitalia, as its site hardly ever accepts cards issued outside Europe. Just buy the tickets in Italy.

There is always a very high relocation charge if you rent a car in one country and drop off in another.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Italy
Italy
Europe
California
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice to Brunico by train with snowboard bag

Thanks Sydneynick.

Do these trains have luggage racks or space under the seats for baggage?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice to Brunico by train with snowboard bag

I am not sure about the trains on this route, as I have not travelled on it. Most trains in Italy have an overhead luggage rack and also an area for luggage near the end of each car.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
4. Re: Venice to Brunico by train with snowboard bag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2010, 06:19