We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need information for trip to Trento, Italy.

Which Trento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
2 posts
Save Topic
Need information for trip to Trento, Italy.

Posted on: 11:16 am, April 29, 2009 Save

I am an incoming foreign student to the University of Trento, Italy.

1. Kindly provide a detailed information on how I can best travel from MANILA to ITALY and finally arriving in TRENTO?

2. If I choose MILAN (Malpensa or Linate airports) or ROME as point of entry, how will I proceed to Trento - by bus or by train? how long and how much?

3. Do I need a reservation to the bus or train going to Trento?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Celso C. Manangan

Manila, Philippines

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,139 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need information for trip to Trento, Italy.

Once in Italy, you will need to travel by train.

http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html will give the times and cost of journeys from Milan and Rome to Trento (up to June 13 when schedules change - new ones not yet available)

The fast trains all require a reservation, but this is given to you automatically when you buy your tickets in Italy. You would be unwise to reserve in advance with such a long flight, and the site does not accept most credit cards from outside Europe.

Logan, Utah
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need information for trip to Trento, Italy.

Easy. Bus, then train. It's really easy.

You probably will fly into Milan Malpensa, which is where most international flights land. When you arrive, it is easy to ask directions in English to the spot to catch the direct bus to Milan Centrale train station. (If you catch the Malpensa Express train into the city, it takes you to the wrong station. It still would work, but you'd have to take another local train to get to Milan Centrale.)

So the bus takes you directly to the station. Then it's one train to Trento with one stop in Verona. It's about three hours from Milan to Trento, including the stop. About 20 euros. (I don't know which day you arrive, so I put in May 20 at 2 p.m. in the Trenitalia site (LINK IS ABOVE).

Best of luck. When I tried to access the link above, it wouldn't work. But I went to the Italian version of the Trenitalia web site, then clicked "english" and it got me to where you need.

3. Re: Need information for trip to Trento, Italy.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 08:29
Get answers to your questions about Trento