We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trento (July 2012)

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Trento (July 2012)

I plan on visiting the Trento region of Italy in a few months, and am looking for recommendations in terms of things to do. In general I like to stay active and see as much as possible. I will be there for approximately two weeks, during which I would like to spend a majority of the time hiking, kayaking, and maybe some horseback riding if possible. Does anyone have suggestions as to multi-day trekking trips in that vicinity (or possibly in Austria, or Switzerland)?

In general I have never been to Italy, but have heard that traveling throughout the country and across the border is fairly easy..is this accurate? What are the best ways to travel if one does not have a vehicle?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Piazza Duomo
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trento (July 2012)

Compliments for your choice, you would have found all those activities in a shorter radium in Umbria but Trentino is one of our favourite Italy's destination.

You could experience the 8 days Cammino Jacopo d'Anaunia track which starts and finishes at the Hotel Pineta in Val di Non. More info under :

www.pinetahotels.it

www.visitvaldinon.it

www.trentino.to

Let us know your experiences once you'll be back.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
12,014 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trento (July 2012)

Various possiblities.

VAL GARDENA / ALTA BADIA

Slightly further north from Trento (Val Gardena and Alta badia)

valgardena.it/en/…page50.html

altabadia.org/en-US/dolomites_active_holiday…

This area comes under Bolzano public transport

Use www.sii.bz.it/en

VAL DI SOLE

Probably find most of what you are looking for here

www.valdisole.net/cms-01.00/articolo.asp…

Plenty of white water availalbe in the Val di Sole with various companies offering varying activities

www.extremewaves.it/index.php…

http://www.raftingvaldisole.it/en_rafting.htm

Val di Sole located around Malè to Folgarida

Train from Trento to Malè is ~ 1h30

From Trento itself also easy to get to the North end of Lake Garda. There are numerous buses to Riva or you can take a train to Rovereto and the 301 bus to Riva

For local transport from Trento in this area (Trento to Val di Sole/Riva del Garda) use

ttesercizio.it/Orari/Extraurbano/Default.aspx only available in Italian but just enter your "Partenza" & "Destinazione" and click on "cerca" to search

3. Re: Trento (July 2012)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Trento