We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Aosta from Geneva or Turin

England
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Transport to Aosta from Geneva or Turin

Can anybody advise me about the cheapest and quickest transfers from either of these two airports to Aosta in summer 2006

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Aosta from Geneva or Turin

Hello

There is a direct bus from Turin Caselle Aiport to Aosta that runs a couple of times a day, timetable as follows:

DEPARTURES FROM AOSTA

Departure Location:

Aosta Bus Terminal - via Carrel

Frequency:

Twice a day

4:30 Monday to Friday

8:15 Saturday and Sunday

17:30 Daily

DEPARTURES TO AOSTA

Departure Location:

Arrivals level

Frequency:

Twice a day

09:30 Monday to Friday

10:45 Saturday and Sunday

22:15 Daily

Otherwise you can get the airport bus to Porta Nuova train station and get the train to Aosta: www.trenitalia.it has timetables in English. By far the quickest way is by car, it is motorway all of the way and takes about 1 hr 15 mins. You need to remember that it is a toll road, but fuel is cheaper. The parking is murder in Aosta, as the centre is pedestrianised, but in saying that, I stayed at the Holiday Inn and it is only a 10 mins walk.

Good Luck.....Russell

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Aosta from Geneva or Turin

Chaz boy is right, there is also a train from Torino Porto Nuova Station, but you need to get into central Turin. There is no train-line between Geneva and Aosta, maybe a bus, I don't know you could check on Geneva forum. It would be about an hour and a half more or less to drive from Caselle to Aosta, about the same from Geneva depending on traffic in Mt Bianco tunnel.

England
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Aosta from Geneva or Turin

Thank you for your contributions. I had already found the Aosta Caselle timetable which could prove useful. Will it be easy to buy train or coach tickets on the day?

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Aosta from Geneva or Turin

Hello

You can buy a ticket on the bus going there, and in the bus terminal coming back. At Aosta I booked a ticket coming back a couple of days before, however, the bloke at the ticket office said there wasn't usually any problem with getting a seat on the bus. Train tickets are easy to buy, but if you get on a high-speed train without the right ticket they charge you a supplement (happened to me!)

Bus & train are by far the cheapest, the bus is very cheap, if you don't mind waiting. There are other coaches from Turin (that go to Courmayeur) but again you have to get to PN station. I had thought about a taxi to Ivrea then the train before, but that is quite expensive. I have also hired a car a couple of times before, I needed snow-chains so it was expensive. However, if you are not going in Winter you can get one from holidayautos.com for about £140 or so.

Cheers CB