We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

Which Breuil-Cervinia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

Hi,

I realize that this question has been asked, however I was wondering if there was some hard information about the bus between Malpensa and Cervinia, a site or ticket center that I could access? Other than this bus, getting to Cervinia seems like a real challenge. We will be arriving in the early morning from a flight from the states with two children, and I'd like it to be as painless as possible. I travel for business to Milan, I could even search for the counter in the airport if anyone knows where it is. I am just going to need hard information before I book a trip there. Thanks so much for any information!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

Hi, I'm not sure this will really help you but as far as i know there is no direct bus line from Malpensa to Cervinia (i was there month ago), so Milano Malpensa airport is 40 minutes drive from center of Milano, you have buses driving every 10-15 minutes from Malpensa to the Milano Centrale (railway and metro) station. So i suggest you to look for the trains to Cervinia, bus schedules is realy hard to find, italians have regional transport services so they don't have one common site for buses, good luck!!

Italy
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

Hello!

I'd avoid the trains and bus, as the journey is quite long and you need to change vehicle once or twice.

Some Cervinia Hotels are part of the Consorzio del Cervino (www.cervinia.it), and I know that they organize a collect minivan- transfer from the airport on fridays/saturdays and sundays (only during the winter season). They gather clients of different hotels and organize an airport pick-up. To get more info, you can ask at the hotel you'll stay.

If the hotel is not part of the Consorzio, you can book a shared transfer on the web site www.a-t-s.net

The private car transfers from Malpensa airport cost around 270/280€ each way.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

Thanks so much for the info!

Courmayeur, Italy
Level Contributor
45 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

1. By public transportation you would have to take the airport bus to milano central train station, then a taxi or subway to the Savda bus departure place. You take their bus to Chatillon and transfer to another bus that takes you to Cervinia. www.savda.it.

2. Airport bus to Milno centrale train station, train to Chatillon with one change of trains in Chivasso, local savda bus from Chatillon to Cervinia. The train stations do not have ramps, only stairs to go from one platform to another.

Given the cost for four people each way a private transfer might not betoo costly given the ease of travel and time and two children. I did it myself on the train with two large patagonia bags two weeks ago. I would not do the train again.

Cervinia vans may be available at a reasonable price depending on time of year and so on. I have booked transfers for others at different prices depending.

Guildford
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are going to be travelling from Milan Malpensa to Cervinia via milan centrale, chivasso and chatillon. There seems to be a train leaving milan at 12:15, which gets to chatillon at 15:08, can you forsee any problems with getting the bus at chatillon and are we ok buying the train tickets on the day, as there doesn't seem to be an option to buy online.

Many thanks in advance

Robert

Vosselaar, Belgium
Level Contributor
18 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

Phili,

We are going to Cervinia from Malpensa airport and will be using a rented car to go there. I think it is the easiest and cheapest way to get around.

surbiton
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

Hello Phili,

Please,would you write me more information about renting a car from Milano Malpensa to Cervinia?(the name of the company etc.)

Thank you.

Andrea

Vosselaar, Belgium
Level Contributor
18 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

Is it the first time yo rent a car in a foreign country? Take GOOGLE or any other on your PC - search for Milan Malpensa car hire - search, search until you find the best deal - this year we are using "economy car rentals"...but there are several companies offering cars in Milan

Norway
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

We booked a car through autoeurope, wich is cheap and painless. (we are going 15th of february) Were paying around 190 euro for a station wagon, for five days.

10. Re: Cervinia skiing: Milan to Cervinia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 08:17