We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

Ventura, Calif
Level Contributor
9 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

I am planning a ski trip to Cervenia, Italy and find that we can fly into either Milan or Turin. Since Turin is closer and the same airfare, it seems like the best choice. So, any advice on getting from there to Cervenia, (just as soon not rent a car)?

Thanks in advance

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,468 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

There are two direct buses a day to Chatillon from Turin (Caselle) Airport then buses from there to Cervinia. For times see http://www.savda.it/orari_tariffe.htm clicking Andata for Aosta - Caselle Aeroporto and then for Chatillon - Breuil Cervinia, GG=daily.

Otherwise take the airport bus to "Torino Porta Susa" station www.sadem.it/upload/orari/estivi/000027.pdf then a train to Chatillon-Saint Vincent http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html (Chatillon FS on the timetable for buses onwards to Cervinia)

Ventura, Calif
Level Contributor
9 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

Thank you for that information- sounds more difficult than I thought it would be.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,195 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

No, it's not that difficult at all - particularly if your landing time matches one of those two daily direct buses from TRN airport.

But in any event, reaching Cervinia from MXP airport is even more complicated...

Ventura, Calif
Level Contributor
9 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

Again, thanks to all for the information. I have also checked into shuttle and private car service to Cervinia, (we will be skiing so will have our skis, etc.), but they have their pros and cons with the private car serive being VERY expensive.

So, my idea now is to try and do the bus transportaion, but if we can't get it for some reason, just getting a taxi from the airport to take us to Cervinia.

Do you think this is a good idea and do you have any idea what a taxi to Cervinia would cost, (I figure 100 Euros maybe)? There are only two of us- myself and my son.

Thanks again.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,195 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

A taxi from Milan's Malpensa airport to Milan city center (48 km) charges a 85 euro flat rate. Turin's Caselle airport to Cervinia is 82 km, so by the same token I would expect the fare to be at least twice as much, possibly more if you think that you would also have to pay for the taxi's empty return trip.

Ventura, Calif
Level Contributor
9 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

thanks FF- I'll have to mull this over as the taxi is not an option if it is that expensive. I saw somewhere that the travel time to Cervinia by car is about 1 hr. 45 min., so that is how I came up with about 100 Euros, my thinking is that that hourly rate is 25 Euros per hour.

So, another question you may be able to answer. I stayed at the Hotel Europa in Cervinia about 10 years ago and liked it, plus there looks to be some other good and reasonably priced accomodations on Trip Advisor for Cervinia. I haven't gotten Hotel Europa to resond to my emails, (2), and the other hotels don't seem to have email booking- just telephone. Any ideas other than fidning smeone here that can speak Italian and calling the hotel as to booking accomodations for 6 nights, (Hotel Europa might not be responding because they show 7 night bookings in their prices and I only want 6).

Thanks again,

Larry

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,195 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

Sorry, but as I have just mentioned in another thread just the other day, I have no direct knowledge of Cervinia hotels, but I would reckon English should be no problem at any hotel in the area.

8. Re: Transportation from Turin airport to Cervenia, Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2011, 06:41