We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to bus transfer in Chatillon-Saint Vincent

Sliema, Malta
2 posts
Save Topic
Train to bus transfer in Chatillon-Saint Vincent

Hi,

After reading all the posts on this forum (especially from forum member FF). I decided on traveling to Cervinia from Linate Milan by train on the 21 March 2014.

My only concern is that my train arrives in Chatillon/st Vincent at 3:23 and the Coach leaves at 3:30.

I know Forum member FF has said its a quick transfer and the bus usually waits for the train. But on the www.Savda.it website it says nothing about pickup from "Chatillon FS" it only gives "CHATILLON AUTOSTAZIONE". Does this mean there is no bus from the station and only from central Chatillon? (On the map it also shows central Chatillon)

Will this be enough time to catch the bus, and do I book it in advance?

Are there any other Busses/Shuttles from Chatillon to Cervinia?

If I did miss the bus, how much would a taxi/transfer cost to cervinia?

Thank you your help is much appreciated, and if this question was asked before, I apologise. I honestly could not find it.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,220 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to bus transfer in Chatillon-Saint Vincent

According to the bus timetable www.savda.it/public/linee/allegati/390_it.pdf the bus leaves the train station (Chatillon FS) at 15.25 and calls at the bus station five minutes later. The next bus from the train station is at 17.35 (five minutes later on Sundays).

You can't book, and you can buy the ticket on the bus.

Sliema, Malta
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to bus transfer in Chatillon-Saint Vincent

Hi thanks for this. It clears up the Chatillon FS vs the Chatillon autostazione debacle.. I guess it only leaves the question:

Does that leave enough time to make the coach? If the train arrives at 15:23 and the coach is scheduled for 15:25?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,220 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to bus transfer in Chatillon-Saint Vincent

Your guess is as good as mine. But if FF (who knows about these things) says the bus usually waits for the train, then it probably does unless the train is significantly late..

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,380 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to bus transfer in Chatillon-Saint Vincent

I am sorry I missed this one - I would have advised to take the 13.00 bus from Milan's Lampugnano bus terminal, rather than the 12.18 train from central station. The bus to Chatillon is direct, while the train involves two changes. Bus and train arrive in Chatillon at about the same time to connect with the same onward bus to Cervinia mentioned by the OP.

Now that this trip has already happened, it would be nice if the OP provided some feedback, particularly with regard to the tight connection in Chatillon -- did it work?

5. Re: Train to bus transfer in Chatillon-Saint Vincent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Breuil-Cervinia