We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haute Route

Which Courmayeur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
466 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Haute Route

My husband will be skiing the Houte Route next year from Zermatt to Charmonix with a stop in Courmayeur(Hotel Vallee Blanche). I would like to accompany him to Europe but I will not be skiing. Can anyone tell me what I might see and do in the Courmayeur area for a day or two?

Thank you,

Travelpatty

Rome,Italy
Level Contributor
526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Haute Route

Hi,Patty.

Too bad you won't be skiing...it's a great route.The first time I went to Courmayeur,back in '90,I had sciatica,and couldn't even put my boots on.So,while my girlfriend went skiing,I went sightseeing.

There are plenty of things to see..castles everywhere,little quaint mountain towns,wineries and Aosta is not far away.You might even see me...I bought a place here years ago.When are you going there?

Here is a nice website on the area.It's not all in English,but will give you an idea.

www.regione.vda.it/turismo/default_e.asp

They have webcams all over the valley.

On a clear day(check out the webcam first)you can go up to Punta Helbronner for a breathtaking view.

A great restaurant to go to is La Clotze.Nice people,GREAT FOOD!!If they have the cervo w/ginepre(deer tenderloin,with juniper sauce)go for it!Anything they make is a hit,though.

Have a great trip.

Ciao,Michael