We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courmayeur, Dec First Week, Confirmed Info Required!

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Courmayeur, Dec First Week, Confirmed Info Required!

Hello all!

I am planning to visit Courmayeur on 5th or 6th of December along with my sisters.

In my original itinerary, we will be stopping in Chamonix. But we discovered that all the ski lifts/cable cars in Chamonix are closed due to annual maintenance and all of us were really looking forward to some cable car views of Mont Blanc.

That's when I came across the timetable for Funivie Monte Bianco from Courmayeur ( www.montebianco.com/tariffe.php?stagione=I ) showing open dates from Dec 01 2013 onward.

Can somebody help me confirm this info.? I will need to prebook tickets from Chamonix to Courmayeur, so just want to ensure that the cable car to Funivie Mont Bianco will definitely be running and not under maintenance work etc.

Thank you :)

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
782 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Courmayeur, Dec First Week, Confirmed Info Required!

It's exactly what happens: stop for maintenance! Read the topic:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…53518075

Brun066

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Courmayeur, Dec First Week, Confirmed Info Required!

Thanks Brun!

I have checked info on the new construction.

What I wanted to know is whether it will be operational partially to at least some view points on Monte Bianco, from Courmayeur. To travel to Courmayeur from Chamonix, we are planning to take a bus.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
66 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Courmayeur, Dec First Week, Confirmed Info Required!

There is a lift on both sides, Chamonix and Courmayeur (La Palud) that will take you to the top of Mt. Blanc. If you have a guide, you can ski down to either side.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
782 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Courmayeur, Dec First Week, Confirmed Info Required!

Please go to the webpage:

http://www.cordeemontblanc.eu/web/?lang=en

There you read that you can still get by ropeway up to Rifugio Torino, and from there, by a short walk, up to the "Nuovo Rifugio Torino"

Rifugio Torino is 3321m / ca 10900 feet high.

Brun066

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Courmayeur, Dec First Week, Confirmed Info Required!

Thank you @authentictravels, @brun

The lifts from Chamonix side are definitely closed during that time, according to online info, but its a relief that those from Courmayeur are going to be running. We will go for those.

6. Re: Courmayeur, Dec First Week, Confirmed Info Required!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:21