We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

Which Padua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

Please advise, i will be in Venice Marco polo airport on June 10th and would like to go to Padua. is there a direct local train? thanks.

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

You may take the following buses:

Venezia airport 18:40 Padova Autostazione 19:45

Venezia airport 19:10 Padova Autostazione 20:15

Venezia airport 19:40 Padova Autostazione 20:45

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

thank you! is that for the Sita bus (815) what does that cost? I have found the shuttle service that costs 30 euros per fare for the 8 passanger bus? does one need an advance reservation for the Sita bus? where do you get it from the airport? then once in Padova would i need to get a cab to the hotel? Im staying at the Belludi37 thanks to your suggestions!

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

Yes, that is for the 815, it should cost 8 euros per fare (they recently raised the price, as I wrote on another topic).

The Airservice shuttlebus costs 30 euros per fare, that's right again.

No, for the SITA bus you don't need any reservation, it's a normal bus with it's own time schedule, at the airport go outside at the arrival area, there are two covered lanes for car and buses, at the right you should see the bus or the sign with SITA wrote on it.

Once in Padua you can take the blue tram (direction SUD-south- or Guizza, otherwise you will go to the opposite direction) and hop off at Sant'Antonio stop, more or less 10 minutes with a 1,20 euros ticket.

You're welcome and feel free to browse the forum or post for further questions.

washington-state
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

Hi, does anyone know if there's any bag storage available at the bus station when coming from the airport?

We are thinking of taking the sita bus from the airport, doing some sight seeing in Padua, then going to Venice by train.

I have read there is bag storage available at the train station. What we might want to do is get off at the bus station, roll our bags to the train station, then go from there.

I welcome any advice. I really want to see the Scrovegni Chapel, but these logistics may be quite hard for our family of 4.

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

The bus station lies just aside the railway station, therefore you may use that bag storage. There is another topic in this forum where you may found other details (opening hours, costs...).

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
12 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

Have you done this travel yet? We will be doing the same in April. Did it work with the bus system? We will also be landing at VCE at around 5:30 pm.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

I'm arriving on June 7th so you will be first! Please let me know how it goes.

Venice, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

how to travel form Venice marco polo airport to padova at 11 AM

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

Please read this thread: the information is all there.

Ottawa
7 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: How to travel to Padua from Venice Marco polo

Hi

Arriving May 30 for the Springsteen concert but my flight doesn't land until 9:35 pm. Seems its too late for the bus and likely to catch the train (unless I am missing something on the train schedule). Could someone please verify. I assume this leaves shuttle bus, car service or car rental.

Also any recopmmendation between B4 Hotel and Tulip?

Thanks,