We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation!

Which Padua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
12 posts
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation!

Hello All,

We are staying for one night in Padua in August and I need some advice.

I've read that the bit around the train station isnt very safe. I was initially thinking of staying at Hotel Al Cason, but figured it might not be very safe. So, I am looking for a place near the centre of town.

Our requirements are these - like everyone, a clean affordable place which is near some restaurants/bars in the evening (about 15 minute walk away) and not too far from all the sights.

Is Prato della Valle too far out? M14, Al Santo and Casa del Pellegrino in that area have had good reviews, but some reviews say there are no bars in that are in the evening?

I've heard Piazza delle Erbe is better, any recommendations around that area? Thanks, much appreciated!

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation!

I don't know how late they are open, but around Casa del Pellegrino there are bars in both direction (I used one yesterday.....) and restaurants... I just discovereed a new one at pontecorvo (literally 300 meters from Casa del pellegrino) with a wonderful al fresco space between trees and palms and between two little rivers... http://www.donnairene.com/

Ciao

Francesco

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation!

Prato della Valle is a very nice area, there are plenty of bars there and on Umberto Primo and Roma roads, the way you take to reach Piazza delle Erbe.

I don't know many hotels close to Piazza delle Erbe besides Hotel Majestic Toscanelli, which is pretty expensive by the way.

USA
Level Contributor
381 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation!

Hi

Prato della Valle is nice but does not have that cozy intimate feeling nearer to Piazza delle Erbe or nearby surrounding. You can check Belludi 37 near St Anthony basilica. I stayed in PadovaResidence, an apartment, and it was just 50 ft or so from the Piazza delle Erbe. You can have a very comfortable stay there. And its so near to most sights and eateries. Markets and concerts are held at nearby squares as well.

www.padovaresidence.it/isabella_ingl.htm

Tripadvisor reviews:

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g187867-d181…

The town is small and you being Europeans (whose stroll equals our journey !) I think you will find its a small and very walkable town. The other suggestions are great too.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation!

I second the Belludi 37. It was right around the corner from the tram route, had wonderful breakfasts, large spotless rooms, wonderful service. Of our 5 week trip to Europe this was our favourite hotel.

5. Re: Hotel recommendation!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 23:18