We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

Which Padua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Livingston, NJ
Level Contributor
21 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

Can anyone give me the name of a reasonably priced hotel in Padua that is walkable from the train station as well as the Scrovegni Chapel?

UK
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

I am not sure quite what you mean by "a reasonably priced hotel" but this might fit the bill and is within walking distance of the train station and the Scrovegni Chapel:

http://www.hotel-europa-zaramella-padova.com/

Livingston, NJ
Level Contributor
21 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

Thanx for the quick reply. I am considering one that is about 80 Euros per night, Hotel Igea. It has received good Feedback. Do you know of it?

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

Hotel Igea is very close to the Hospital, a couple of kilometers from the railway station, it's walkable but it won't be enjoyable with the luggage to carry with.

If you don't have a particular reason to stay in the area, I would suggest to consider the hotels located in the area close to Prato della Valle and Piazza del Santo, the blue tram will take you there in a couple of minutes.

Livingston, NJ
Level Contributor
21 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

It looks like Hotel Igea is not far from that area but can you recommend another hotel that would be closer to the main attractions and is about the same price?

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

I am sorry, I didn't mean to raise confusion over your hotel picking process.

Padua is a completely walkable town, all the most important sites are located not too far from the railway station and since there is a tram conveniently connecting the railway station with the other significant end, it seems a nice choice to me to consider all the hotels in the center.

Igea is perfectly fine, maybe you can compare it with the other top reviewed in here.

Happy planning!

padova,italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

Hotel Patavium is a very good choice, and quite close to the Railway Station.It is not very very central but is a very good and new hotel. M14 Hotel is another option, in another area, more central but not so close to the railway station.

Livingston, NJ
Level Contributor
21 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

Thank you for your response. Can you tell me how these 2 hotels' locations compare to Hotel Igea and Al Carson?

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

There you go:

Hotel Patavium: 1km from railway station - 1km from Scrovegni Chapel

Hotel Igea: 2km from railway station - 1,5km from Scrovegni Chapel

Hotel Al Cason: 0,5km from railway station - 1km from Scrovegni Chapel

Hotel Al Cason is the closest but I would suggest to read other topics in this forum, since the railway station area isn't the fanciest in Padua.

Hotel M14 is located near Prato della Valle, that is the area I suggested, even though you will have to pick the public transport you will enjoy a much lively and pitoresque area.

Livingston, NJ
Level Contributor
21 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

Thanks again. Due to your advise and good reviews, I just booked Hotel M14.

We are also very interested in going to Ravenna to see the beautiful mosaics. Do you have any recommendtations there? Do we need to stay overnight or is one full day enough? We have 5 days before meeting with our group in Florence and are thinking of spending 3 days in Padua and 1 day in Ravenna, leaving 1 day free to spend somewhere else in the immediate area or possibly going to Florence a day earlier. We have been to Florence a few times but nowhere else in that area so are open to suggestions.

And is the bus or the train the best way to get to Padua from Venice since we are landing at Venice airport?

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Conveniently located and inexpensive hotels

From Venice Airport the best way to reach Padua is the SITA Bus, the ticket is about 8 euros per person, it takes 45 minutes and get you at the railway station where you can pick the blue tram and reach Prato della Valle in about 5 minutes (there you can walk to M14).

The schedule can be found in here ro.autobus.it/ro/asp/ricercaorari.asp…

and select VENEZIA AEROPORTO TESSERA as the departure point and PADOVA AUTOSTAZIONE as the arrival point.

I don't know much about Ravenna, maybe you can ask in that forum, there are many locals willing to help.

Florence has always something new to discover anyhow, Siena or Arezzo are good alternatives, also San Gimignano and the Chianti area have beautifull spots but you might need a car to go there.