We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting a car

Which Padua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
renting a car

My husband and I are arriving to Ravenna by train from Florence. We will stay 3 nights in Ravenna and then proceed to Monterado. We were hoping to use public transportation this trip but as Monterado has no restaurants and we want to visit the Frassassi caves and the coast, our host recommends a car.

The problem is where (and when to rent). We only need the car from the Sunday to the Wednesday. I'm assuming the rental places will be closed Sunday. Also, the rates for those days are very similar to a weekly rate. Now, we have accommodations 3 previous nights in Ravenna where we want to see the mosaics. I hoped to take a side trip to While in Ravenna, I wanted to see the Giotto frescoes in the chapel at Padova (for 15 minutes!). I also wanted to see the final resting place of St. Anthony. This seemed a ludicrous side trip for two items of interest but with a car this seems more likely.

When I look on line, I don't get any rates for Ravenna. The keep booting me off saying I need to drop off the vehicle at an airport (Ancona is one).

Does anyone know if there is a rental place in Ravenna. If not, I see that there is a rental place in Padova. I'm assuming I could train to Padova and then see the chapel/St. Anthony and then pick up the car and drive back to Ravenna. Then drive to Monterado the next morning.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks a bunch for any first hand knowledge of the area!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,299 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting a car

Car rental Pick up and drop off Ravenna www.auto-europe.com

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Non EU citizens require an International driving permit for Italy

Be aware of traffic restrictions and ZTL areas in Italy roninrome.com/transportation/driving-italy

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.italia.it/en/home.html

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: renting a car

Wow! Thanks!

3. Re: renting a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:16