We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medieval festival on in montagana Castillo de San Zeno

Which Padua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
medieval festival on in montagana Castillo de San Zeno

Hi

I'm going to the medieval festival which I gather has been on for some time several activities etc since 2 august. I shall be there on Sunday 7 September. I understand there is market in the morning and then afternoon people will be dressed in medieval custome inside the castle.?

Does any have any more information ?

Arthritis means I struggle with steps p, inclines and long walks. I have looked on Google for parking but only found 2 but not sure how many car spaces there are especially if it's a popular day. Does anyone know where the best parking will be on that Sunday. We are only there for the day enroute to riva del Garda.

Any information would be appreciated.

Padua, Italy
Destination Expert
for Padua
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: medieval festival on in montagana Castillo de San Zeno

Hi there,

here is the full schedule (unfortunately italian language only): http://www.palio10comuni.it/programma-2014/

There are several activities: the medieval market, flag jugglers competition, archers competition, the medieval parade and the main competition (it's a horse race basically). All participant are dressed in medieval suits.

There is a fee to pay to enter the castle (from 2 to 12 euros), price list is here: http://www.palio10comuni.it/biglietti/

Montagnana isn't a big village, so it won't be a issue for you unless you want to climb the walls and a have a look from above.

Parking IS an issue, usually they arrange several parkings outside the walls, if you arrive late police will address you to some outer parking, therefore some more walking would be required.

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: medieval festival on in montagana Castillo de San Zeno

Thank you I thought there may be a problem. I have seen the website and looks as though its well attended with different days different activites. Used to seeing these in UK but not in Italy so should be historically interesting with costumes etc

3. Re: medieval festival on in montagana Castillo de San Zeno

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:17