We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxi from airport

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Water taxi from airport

We are flying into Venice and am staying at the Bauer. They are offering prvate water taxi from the airport to the hotel for 130 Euros. Is this a fair price?

We are willing to pay a fair price, especially if they will help with the luggage, since we will have flown all night, and expect to be a little groggy.

Thanks

Il Mondo Tondo
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water taxi from airport

It will depend how many of you plan on sharing the taxi.

If it is a quote only for 2 people then it is a bit over the price limit.

Hotels do tend to charge a bit over the odds.

Better to get your own when you arrive. Easily done from the office situated inside the airport.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water taxi from airport

we went for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago and paid 100 euros for the taxi into the heart of Venice.Not bad value for 4 of us and yes they were very good and helped with the luggage.Very fast as well.

cfc

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,573 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water taxi from airport

130 euros is a little over the odds - it sounds as if the Bauer are addng a little commission on top. There is a Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia desk in the Arrivals Hall at Marco Polo airport where, during normal office hours, you can order a water taxi. By the time you get to the landing stage it will probably be waiting for you. Cost should be around 80 - 100 euros and it will take around 20/25 minutes to reach the hotel. The price shuld be inclusive for upto 4 passengers and all their luggage.

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water taxi from airport

You can take the Alilaguna from the airport to Fondamente Nove (and other stops) and it is only 6 Euro (7 if you buy on the boat). The Alilaguna folks will help you put your bags on and get them off the boat.

I guess it depends where your hotel is located and how far you are able/willing to walk w/ luggage.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,245 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water taxi from airport

The Alilaguna cost €12 to San Marco and others places cheaper to Fond. Nove. but it does take a long time over an hour going to San Marco, going via Murano and the Lido. they do not all take the same route

www.alilaguna.it

Hampshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water taxi from airport

I have just got back from Venice and 130 euros is a bit too expensive. If you do want to travel by water taxi, expect to pay around 80 euros.

Alternatively the Alilaguna line has a gold service that runs direct from the airport to San Zaccara and San Marco, the tickets are 25 euros each and the trip is 40 mins long.

Other ways are the blue Alilaguna line but this can be cramped if you have lots of luggage, although you will pay a lot less for this.

georgia
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Water taxi from airport

We were recently quoted 170 euros - so I am thinking that is WAY too much! However, this is for a shuttle to the dock and then private water taxi. While this seems like overkill for a 400 m water, I am thinking we might want the extra help - 6 adults, 1 baby - luggage and stroller included. I am still debating and would love advice for those who have done this - feel like I could be paying too much but prefer to have a reservation before leaving the States.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,573 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water taxi from airport

Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia charge 10 euros, I have been told, for a land taxi to carry you from the Arrivals Hall at Marco Polo round the short distance to the water taxi landing stage. So the total charge for land taxi plus private water taxi in to Venice should be under 100 euros.

There is absolutely no need to book in advance if you are arriving during normal office hours when the Consorzio Motosacfi Venezia desk is open in the Arrivals Hall. You can safely book on arrival. If it is closed there will still be private water taxis waiting at the landing stage as long as there are planes scheduled to land. The only drawback is that such free lance water taxiscan be very creative with their charges.

If you prefer to book in advance you run the considerable risk of being charged waiting time if your flight is delayed.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water taxi from airport

Thank you to those who respond. I, like HAWAII, am willing to spend a little more to have someone meet me at the baggage claim and deliver me to the hotel lobby. If there is a less expensive way to have that done, that would be great -- but I need to know HOW. I see people say "it should cost 80E" OK, I will be glad to pay 80E -- who do I talk to?

Please tell me if I am wrong, but it seems like the Aliguana requires that I haul my luggage to the dock myself, and that to get from baggage claim to the dock, I need to walk thru the airport, find the shuttle van, load my bags into the van, and get out at the dock. Then I need to carry the bags from the dock onto the boat -- and later from the boat to the hotel from some dock at San Marco, across one or more little bridges.

PLEASE tell me if I am not understanding this right. If I do have it right, then although I respect all of those who will take the Aliguana for 12E, (and I wish I was young again and had a good back so I could just sling the bags over my shoulder like I did when I was 30). But it may just be worth 130E to be pampered after flying all night.

When I am told that a meal at Cips can cost me 300E, maybe 130E isnt so much. But if someone can tell me how to get the same for less, I love to save money.

GRAZIE TO ALL

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,245 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water taxi from airport

If as Robert says it cost €10 to transport you to the Water Taxi dock and around €80 for the actual Water Taxi thats still under €100, but it does depend where in Venice you are staying even Water Taxi's can not get really close to all Hotels,