We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposal Locations

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Proposal Locations

Hi everyone, I need help locating a terrace with a view or private courtyard for my marriage proposal. I've submitted inquiries to Bauer Hotel and Hotel Regina, but seems like no one in Italy responds to emails. I know Venice is busy in May, so it doesn't need to be a landmark location necessarily but something picturesque. I do have a photographer who is also making suggestions, but thought I'd ask some fellow travelers.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Hotel Moresco
Hotel Moresco
#1 of 388 hotels in Venice
Charming House DD724
Charming House DD724
#3 of 388 hotels in Venice
Locanda Orseolo
Locanda Orseolo
#4 of 388 hotels in Venice
21 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,062 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proposal Locations

Unless you want thousands of strangers at your proposal (some people like an audience), I would head out to Borano, Torcello, or Sant'Erasmo. Even in these further out islands you need to get off the beaten tourist track but that's easier to do there.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
24,780 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proposal Locations

The Marino Marini Terrace at the Guggenheim Museum, which provides a spectacular view on the Grand Canal.

guggenheim-venice.it/inglese/museum/info.html

Guggenheim Museum virtual tour:

http://bit.ly/16uSyOX

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,062 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proposal Locations

If you want to stay closer to the heart of town, the rooftop pool area of the Hilton Molino Stucky has some amazing views, but I don't know if they'll let you up there if you're not a guest. That might be a good reason to spend the money to stay there.

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Hilton Molino Stucky...
7,584 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proposal Locations

Maybe the very point of the Salute might work for you.

Chicago
Level Contributor
90 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Proposal Locations

I am a photographer and I love Venice. I do not know any rooftops, but there are other options.

What would I do? I would wake up very early before the tourist come out. I think 6:00 morning will work in May and you could have St Marks all for yourself, I think.

You can hire a private boat and propose there, right on Grand Canal with Rialto bridge in the background.

You could look on Airbnb for a place with rooftop and book that for your stay.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Hotel Rialto
Hotel Rialto
2,401 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,600 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Proposal Locations

If its going to be a surprise then you need to factor how you are going to get her there without raising alarm bells.

The terraces on the Europa , Gritti, Monaco, Bauer are part of the hotels so you can go there for a drink .

Yes the Salute point would be good and you could easily hide the photographer. GRand Canal cruise yes with maybe a luxuxry wood taxi then you could pick the photographer up for photos en route.

PM Me as I have another couple of ideas .

Mentioned in this post
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Proposal Locations

Early morning or later in the evening in front of the Bridge of Sighs..... as I am sure she will and anyone that might be around!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,859 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Proposal Locations

I think that early morning or late evening would work well at a number of well known sites, but I was just about to suggest the Bridge of Sighs!

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Proposal Locations

If you go the evening route, you could then toast your engagement with a bottle of bubbly at Caffe Florian in Piazza San Marco. The musicians would be playing, gorgeous lighting...... very romantic!

BAC
Level Contributor
419 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Proposal Locations

The clock tower in St Marks Square. Go on the tour and at the end of it, be the last to leave and ask her would she like to be with you 24/7 !!!!

Reply to: Proposal Locations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted