We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar for 30th birthday drinks

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Kirby, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bar for 30th birthday drinks

We are in venice on a conference and its my 30th whilst I'm there. Loooking for a largeish bar to have some drinks in. Most people will be staying in Guidecca so it needs to be easy access to there, but probably easy access from the Marco polo area too.

thanks

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,409 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar for 30th birthday drinks

Well, you could all crowd in to the famous/notorious Harry's Bar, Calle Valloresso, very convenient for the Vallaresso landing stage which the No.82 water bus calls at and also goes to the Giudecca.

Another thought is to occupy tables at one of the cafes around Piazza San Marco and enjoy the view with your birthday drinks.

Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar for 30th birthday drinks

Harry's Bar is super small, pricey, and pretenious. I loved the Devil's Forest. It is very, very close to Rialto. There is another large bar right near the Rialto Fish market. Next to the Grand Canal. They let you wander to the Canal with your drinks b/c it is so close. I can't remember the name of it.

I am 34 now and my boyfriend is 30. Devil's Forest has a 26 - 35 yr old crowd. I have went there the last 2 years in a row, It is a bar only. It does play music through speakers, but it is not a club - if that is what you are looking for.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,409 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar for 30th birthday drinks

In response to Illyria2 the bars I know along Zattere, which would certainly be very convenient for a waterbus across the Giudecca canal, tend to be rather small or rely on outdoor areas.

Al Choschetto, Zattere, Dorsoduro 1406A used to be very pleasant but have not been for year or two.

There are some excellent bars and a lively late evening scene around Campo Santa Margherita. I like Ai Do Draghi, a small bar in Calle della Chiesa but with lots of tables around the corner in the Campo. Bars/cafes actually in the Campo include Il Caffe (Dorsoduro 2963), Pier Dickens Inn (Dorsouro 5410) and Margaret Duchamp (Dorsoduro 3019)

West Kirby, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar for 30th birthday drinks

thank you very much indeed

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar for 30th birthday drinks

Law -

there is an area just around the aforementioned Naranzaria that would be a perfect place for you. you don't say when exactly you will be visiting, but assuming it is during a time when weather will be on your side, this campo near the Rialto bridge (and the naranzaria) would be perfect. There are 3 or 4 little bars and restaurants that share the outdoor space in the campos there and they are just behind the daily market areas and have a great view over the canal and the lovely buildings across the way.

One place even has music and dancing in the evenings and all serve some type of food, at least snacks if not full dining options.

If you are coming from San Marco or departing the vaporetto at the Rialto stop, you will cross the bridge to the San Polo side. Go up maybe 100 yards and veer to the right towards the water. You will find Campo San Giacomo and all the great places are right there. You will see Naranzania, as mentioned, Bancogiro is on the other side of the same campo and is an excellent "ciccheti" bar (serves bits of snack, like tapas.)

Then, Go under through the archway to the next campo and you will see a little "hole in the wall' mom and pop stand to your left, serving excellent beverages and snacks - and probably see many people standing around having a good time. Just in front of you you'll see a little joint with tables outside and possible music going on on the upper level. Just go in and get drinks or take a table outside or inside, as you like. They serve food also, and I've gotten good reports of the quality. I only had drinks here so I can't say myself.

Later at night, depending on the day of the week, you might find the outdoor "karaoke" bar around the corner. We stumbled on this late one Friday night and it was truly hopping with a large screen and stage set up outside for karaoke - many languages sung and spoken here and great fun!

The Rialto vaporetto stop is right there and so will provide easy transport to both San Marco and Giudecca for your friends from here. We had the best time here and the prices are right. As mentioned it is rather expensive if you are in Piazza San Marco and even Campo Santa Margherita can have some pricier places. Go just around the corner if you select this area and you'll find some more casual and better priced options. Otherwise this is a fun area too and you would not be wrong to select it. But I think the Rialto area I recommend above has much better views and atmosphere.

Enjoy! LL

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
25 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar for 30th birthday drinks

You could also try Centrale, which is a hipper more modern bar in San Marco, pretty close to the Campo San Fantin. I seem to have mislaid their business card but here is a link

http://www.centrale-lounge.com/

7. Re: Bar for 30th birthday drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 05:25