We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romance in Venice

Manchester
7 posts
Save Topic
Romance in Venice

Hi,

I'm hoping to take my wife to Venice for a romantic weekend, but have no idea where is best to stay. I'm thinking somewhere in the heart of things near to St Mark's Square or overlooking Grand Canal. But I have also contemplated the Lido. Ideally I'm looking to keep costs to £100 per night. Advice/experiences welcome.

Cheers

James

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
St. Mark's Square
St. Mark's Square
30,234 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Lido
Lido
1,745 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romance in Venice

Try www.hotelalleon.com

Alentejo, Portugal
Level Contributor
420 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Romance in Venice

I enjoyed (and reviewed over here) the Villa Igea, an easy 5 minute walk from San Marco but away from the confusion. No rooms to the Grand Canal (a fortune), but most of them overlook a beautiful little square facing the San Zaccaria church.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romance in Venice

We stayed at Hotel Saturnia...not on the Grand Canal...but so romantic looking down on the street from our balcony. The lack of cars create an ambiance of soft shuffling feet and happy voices. Sometimes the sound of boats and their motors are a little distracting. Also our breakfast was served in a courtyard...just beautiful. I think we we were just a couple of blocks from St. Marks. We paid 250 US per night and that was in May.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romance in Venice

Check out the B&B section on this site - not all cheap, but many small 'boutique' hotels which may be more within your £100 per night budget and also have more charm and romance. (We stayed at Locanda Orseolo just off St Marks Square and recommend it but think it will be above your ideal limit).

Mentioned in this post
St. Mark's Square
St. Mark's Square
30,234 Reviews
Venice, Italy
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,396 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romance in Venice

Would really think it better to stay in Venice than the Lido, for that amount you may do better to look away from the San Marco area, also Grand Canal hotels are more expensive, and some of the smaller back water canals are far more romantic,

Havce a look at Venice by web-site, a large selection, all price ranges, priced with locations, and good photos,

www.veniceby.com.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Lido
Lido
1,745 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romance in Venice

I also stay at the Saturnia. It is not on a canal but it is a wonderful hotel in Venice. It will cost about $250 USD per night.

Mentioned in this post
Saturnia
Saturnia
Manciano, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Manchester
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romance in Venice

Thanks everybody for your help - any more comments are more than welcome.

8. Re: Romance in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 08:28