We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mestre station

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
67 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Mestre station

We will be staying at Pensione Accademia in the Accademia district. How difficult would it be to get to Mestre station by 8:20 on a Sun. morning. We are going to Mararola and would like to be there by 17:00 or so. There is a train leaving about that time from Mestre. Any help would be appreciated

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
67 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mestre station

Sorry, Manarola...

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
67 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mestre station

I will get this straight yet. Sorry about this posting. Pensione Accademia is in the Dorsoduro district. (not Accademia district)

Anyway my question remains the same. How difficult to get to Mestre?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,637 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mestre station

Good place to stay, my wife and I have enjoyed it many times.

Just get on the vaporetto at Accademia landing stage down the Grand Canal to the Ferrovia landing stage - this is right outside the Venice railway station - S. Lucia. There are a great many trains to Mestre at frequent intervals to take you across the casueway to mestre. Just check on www.trenitalia.it first to see if your train actually starts in Mestre or in fact in Venice and if it starts in mestre then the timings of convenient trains from Venice to Mestre.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
280 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mestre station

We too are traveling June 19 (Sunday) from Venice to Cinque Terra, did you know that there is also a train at about 10:20 AM that leaves from St. Lucia station that will get you to that area by 4:30? We're actually staying in Sestri Levante and the train arrives at 4:20 PM, but I think it's only about 10-15 min further to the Cinque Terra stations, although those little towns might be a different train line and you would have to go to La Spezia. But I do know that the train at 10:20 leaves from St. Lucia, so you don't have to switch on the mainland at the Mestre station.