We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VENICE hotel one night

colorado
Level Contributor
129 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
VENICE hotel one night

My husband and I will be staying in Venice for only one night early November....anyone have a great hotel suggestion?? Something under $350 preferably and close to St. Mark's Square, but open to other suggestions as well

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VENICE hotel one night

Kim, you might consider staying at Pensione La Calcina - in the Dorsoduro area.

http://www.lacalcina.com

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,846 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VENICE hotel one night

Have alook at Venere, they will know what is available at short noyice, also they give you locations,

www.venere.com

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VENICE hotel one night

Another excellent site:

www.veniceby.com

FYI, $350 at today's exchange is something like 250 euro, so this is the amount you will be looking for. You don't need to stay close to St. Mark's Square if you don't want to - all of Venice is extremely walkable and everything is pretty close together. You could easily get a good room right on the Grand Canal with a stellar view at that price. Try one of the highly recommended B&Bs listed here on TA. My favorite is by far the Ca' Angeli, which has rooms right on the grand Canal, some with balconies. The Locanda Orseolo is also extremely well reviewed with rooms overlooking a nearby canal - supposed to be gorgeous. I can personally recommend the service, style and atmosphere of the Ca' Angeli but the Orseolo gets great reviews too so I'd check them both out, along with some of the other options you're sure to come up with.

My point is that you don't need to limit yourself to around St. Mark's square if you get a nicer, bigger room with a better view by going closer to the grand Canal or across it to San Polo or Dorsoduro or Castello. Go with the room and the value, more than the location. In November you should be able to do quite well at that rate.

www.caangeli.it

Buona fortuna! LL

mississippi
Level Contributor
371 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VENICE hotel one night

We are staying at Comfort Hotel Diana, just a few steps from St Mark's. I stayed there 5 years ago, and the price has not gone up much. We are paying $140 USD with AAA discount. It is a quaint hotel, a little hard to find. Small rooms, but clean. Friendly staff when I was there last time. Quiet, but close. No view.

5. Re: VENICE hotel one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 13:21