We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wonderful, romantic restaurant??

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
wonderful, romantic restaurant??

I have clients going to Venice this summer, and they are looking for suggestions on fantastic, romantic places to have some wonderful meals.........since I've not had the pleasure of visiting this incredible city, I'm here looking for suggestions from those of you in the know! Thanking you in advance, and if you ever want to eat in Cabo, I'll return the favor :-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

The Met restaurant (at Metropole Hotel) is 1 star michelin - very romantic atmosphere with some fabulous and very creative meals. expensive

or

Linea d'Ombra - amazing terrace in front of S.Giorgio island.

more traditional:

-Antiche Carampane

-Vini da Gigio

-Alle Testiere

-Osteria Santa Marina

Or for a really special experience:

contact Mr Mauro Stoppa

http://www.cruisingvenice.com/index.htm

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,506 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

Yes, I certainly think the terrace of Linea d'Ombra at Fondamenta Zattere al Saloni has wonderful views acroos the Giudecca canal to both the Giudecca island an S.giorgio maggiore.

The other Michelin starred restaurant in Venice, also expensive, is da Fiore, calle del Scaleter, San Polo 2202a (www.dafiore.net)

For good food, though not particularly fantastic decor etc |like -

Fiaschetteria Toscana, Salizzada San Giovanni Crisostomo, Cannaregio 5719

ai Gondolieri, Fondamenta Bragadin-Zorzi, Dorsodruo 336 - almost opposite the Peggy Guggenheim Museum of Modern Art. particularly good for people who are not partial to seafood as it is a meat only restaurant.

Cantinone Storico, Fondamenta Bragadin, Dorsoduro 660 - just off Campo San Vio. A good mixed menu.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

Thank you both! I so appreciate the info! Hopefully, one of these days, it will be me going, but for now, at least I can give my clients your good info! :-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

I highly recommend Casin Dei Nobili in the Dorsoduro. It's not incredibly expensive, but has great atmosphere and the food is fantastic. I would suggest reservations.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

Thank you! I will pass this on also!

I sure wish it were me going!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

just bumping this in case there are any more suggestions.............I appreciate the help!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,139 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

Put "Restaurants "in the GO box on the right this should give you a lot of suggestions,

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

Ristorante Riviera, Zattere

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

Thanks, Sophie. I was being lazy, since I'm at work, and just hoping for a few tried and true suggestions for romantic and wonderful that I could pass on......I've copied the replies and passed them on. With my appreciation to you all for the help!

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wonderful, romantic restaurant??

As Sophie suggested use the search box but put in romantic restaurants. This question if often on the board.

Cip's Club at the Hotel Cipriani is romantic. The hotel is on an island and you are taken there in the hotel's private water taxi. The ride is included in the price. The hotel and the restaurant is very beautiful....