We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel suggestions in Canneregio or Dusodoro districts?

florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel suggestions in Canneregio or Dusodoro districts?

This will be a first time visit. What we're hoping to find in a hotel is excellent quality, lovely surroundings, within access to main sights, but wonderfully quiet and restful. We like to be able to relax in completely comfortable accommodations (excellent beds, good bathrooms, etc) without the bustle of the outside excitement intruding. Like to be able to walk around handsome neighborhood, not be smack in midst of height of activity. Do not like flashy or glitzy hotels, but do love excellent quality furnishings and good service.

I am most grateful for any suggestions. (around $300-400?)

Charlottetown, PEI...
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel suggestions in Canneregio or Dusodoro districts?

Ca'Zose in Dorsoduro is very nice. On a small canal, quiet area, in our view perfect location. Dorsoduro is a very relaxing area to walk around in.

Mentioned in this post
Dorsoduro
Dorsoduro
2,039 Reviews
Venice, Italy
DFW, TEXAS
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel suggestions in Canneregio or Dusodoro districts?

I think we stayed in the Dusodoro area at La Calcina, nice hotel rt on the Giadiaucca canal(I know that is not the correct spelling). We enjoyed our stay there, saw some huge crusie ships go by as that is where they come in and leave.

One year we stayed on a quite area near San Marco but their prices went up and La Calcina was cheaper.

This place also has a restaraunt and it is not smack in midst of activity. You have to walk about 5 mins or so to get to that.

Mentioned in this post
Ristorante La Calcina
Ristorante La Calcina
686 Reviews
Venice, Italy
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,396 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel suggestions in Canneregio or Dusodoro districts?

Do not discount the San Polo / Santa Croce area, very central, but not touristy an prices are not too expensive,

Mentioned in this post
San Polo
San Polo
173 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Santa Croce
Santa Croce
101 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Germantown, TN
Level Contributor
170 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel suggestions in Canneregio or Dusodoro districts?

I have to agree with GottaloveItaly, Ca'Zose is the place to stay.

This was our first trip to Venice and we stayed at Ca'Zose in October 07. VERY NICE hotel. Two sisters own and run it. The hotel was renovated 3 or 4 years ago. You can walk to almost everything or take the water bus. It is in a very quite part of Venice.

If you arrive at Marco Polo Airport, I would recommend taking a water taxi to this hotel. It will take you to the front door.

They have 2 websites www.hotelcazose.com or www.hotelcazose.it

Mauser

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Marco Polo Airport
Marco Polo Airport
Venice, Italy
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,396 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel suggestions in Canneregio or Dusodoro districts?

Must agree in Dorsoduro Ca' Zose would take a lot of beating,

Mentioned in this post
Dorsoduro
Dorsoduro
2,039 Reviews
Venice, Italy
6. Re: hotel suggestions in Canneregio or Dusodoro districts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 05:29