We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

Chicago
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

We will be in Venice for two days in March, 2009 with our two teenage daughters. We are looking for reasonable accomodations for the four of us in one room if possible. The rooms just need to be clean and comfortable but do not need to be fancy. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,790 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

If you type B&B in the Search box in the top left corner of the Tripadvisor page you may well find something suitable.

I always stay in Hotels. Quad rooms are often available but clearly are not as common aa doubles or even singles. I know the Hotel American-Dinesen has a pleasant quad room. There website is www.hotelamerican.com.

Otherwise I have no experience of quad rooms, preferring to sleep undisturbed with my wife without the presence of my children or grandchildren.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

My mother, niece and myself just returned. We stayed at La Commedia in a jr. suite. The room had a king split into twins and a double sleeper sofa (very comfy) that could easily fit two girls. The room was spacious, we didn't feel cramped, service was outstanding and we had a small terrace. Rate for three with breakfast was $349 Euro. There might be an issue with the bath though...while it was spacious, 4 might find it too small.

M

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,881 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

I am not sure what price you'd consider "reasonable".

The place where I stay,Ca Angeli,has a quad room that this year is priced at 300+euro per night but they don't have prices up yet for next April.

It is classed as a B&B but has the feel of a small boutique hotel with a good buffet bkfst,great showers with all the toiletries you'd like etc and a nice location on the Grand Canal BUT not in the midst of touristy SanMarco.

See:www.caangeli.it

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,850 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

We have reservations at Hotel Messner for superior quad room in June for 180Euro per night including Air Condition and breakfast. I don't think you will find much cheaper than that for a quality hotel in Venice.

Strabane
Level Contributor
563 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

Hi Im going with my husband and two children late july and staying at LA LOCANDA DI ORSARIA €180 for quad room b&B - booked it through Venere.com - its got great reviews and it suits us for the closeness to train station.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,540 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

If you put Quad rooms into the GO box top right, these are a lot of answers to the question,

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

Not exactly sure what you consider reasonable but Residence Corte Grimani would fit the bill.

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

Hi

We stayed at the Residenzia Art Deco in April which was a good location and very cheap! The apartment was 2 bedrooms with seperate bathrooms and a kitchen area.

The rooms were modern, spacious and clean.

Thanks

Jeanette

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

Casa ai Due Leoni has a 4 bed room its a small place not far from the Canareggio Canal .

boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family of 4 looking for reasonably priced room in Venice

I just stayed (w/ my brother) in 2br/1 bath apt. in Castello section (less than 15 minute walk to St. Marks) in apt. Giardini.

go to www.rome-accom.com and go to their venice section.

the apt. has 4 single beds (in two rooms) and the two of us had 1 br. each. (you could do the same w/ your kids and spouse).

they price accord. to how many guests but we paid 130 EU / night based on 2 people (you're probably looking @ 150-160 per night. Still, that works to about 80eu per room which is hard to beat in venice and you have a beautiful, clean apt. in quiet residential neighborhood all to yourselves.

ONLY downside is those damn shower hoses not mounted to the wall...but that is Italy !!!

cheers,

d