We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5 accommodation

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Family of 5 accommodation

Hello, as in Rome, I am finding it hard to get cheap accommodation that can accommodate our family of five in Venice (around late Sept). Most accommodation will take four people which is not suitable for us. Any suggestions appreciated. Also we will have a hire car. Is it possible to drive and park in Venice at the accommodation?? Thanks in anticipation for your advice.

Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,547 Reviews
from US$75.10*
Dolomite Mountains and Cortina 1-Day...
774 Reviews
from US$194.00*
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,575 Reviews
from US$56.30*
Special Offer
Venice Skip-the-Line: Doges Palace...
699 Reviews
from US$142.70*
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,049 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

I would think it hard to find accomodation in one room for five , you could try putting the question in the Go box top right there may be some answers,

Regardind parking in Venice, Piazzale Roma is the terminus for motor vehicles in Venice also there is a Tronchetto multi storey parking facility, no cars elsewhere in Venice,

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,770 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

I don't know if I'd call it "cheap" accommodation but the place where I stay ,Ca Angeli , has a family room for 5 listed on their web site.

It is listed here as a B&B BUT it is not just a "room in someone's house" . It is more like a small hotel.There's a good buffet breakfast,elevator etc and it is well located.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

We are a family of 5 and will be there next week. We found an apartment on:

They have quite a selection but now is the time to reserve. We reserved in February for June, and as I have checked recently - they are booking up very quickly for the summer.

This our first time to Italy. But we researched hotels and B&B's and this looks like the way to go for us.

It is kind of scary - renting from other than a hotel. We have stayed in apartments in Hawaii and just love the convenience and feeling like we are "living" there.

Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,049 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

If you are thinking of an Apartment these are reasonable,

Level Contributor
93 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

Try hotelalpiave.com It is a more than wonderful hotel on the Rugga Giuffa in Castello just south of Campo Santa Maria Formossa. In the annex across from the main hotel they have a 2nd floor room for 5 with 2 bedrooms, one a double, the other 3 singles with a central hall with a refrigerator and a spectacular marble bathroom. I have stayed here with my family and it was more than suitable. The owners and their daughter make you feel like part of the family and will help with all your needs. I wrote a review of this hotel some time ago but my wife and I stayed for a week last April and I still stand by all my praise. enjoy your trip

Level Contributor
411 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

I have just returned from Venice where we stayed in a small house which will sleep 5 just off the Cannaregio canal. The house has 1 main double bedroom and 2 convertible sitting rooms with double sofa beds in each.It is very well equipped- down to umberellas, cool bags, wellington boots, washing machine, well equipped kitchen.

The house was in a super location- nice and quite area but with an everyday low key bustle about it.When we were there (mid May)- there were few tourists staying in the area and it was a world away from the mass tourism of Rialto and St Marks.( Not that they wasn't enjoyable for a visit but it was nice to leave it behind and 'go home' at the end of the day) . The owners are British and also have another apartment that sleeps 5 close to the house right on the canal.

The website is www.visitvenice.co.uk

The only downside is that you have to book for a week - Saturday to Saturday, however we worked out that we would have spent more on either a hotel or a smaller apartment for 4 nights. Worth a look I'd say.

We thought it was great value for money with great facilities.

7. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 23:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now