We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
690 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

Perhaps the word "cheap" and Venice don't go together...

(please read all...thanks)

In any case, just as I did for Rome and Florence, I've created a spreadsheet of TA member-recommended places to eat there. If you would like me to forward you a copy(ies), please send me a personal message (PM) by clicking on my user name, jessfm107, then clicking on 'Send Message', and then specifying 1) your e-mail, and 2) which spreadsheet you would like to receive (Rome, Florence, and/or Venice).

Please refrain from posting your e-mail address on this thread, for the sake of safety/privacy, and to help streamline my processing of requests.

If you DO post your e-mail address on this thread, I will do my best to respond, but I may forget, as there are now three separate threads in the Italy forum. Sending a PM will ensure a quicker response from me.

Thanks and happy travels!

Jessica

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,301 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

Thanks for doing this Jessica

Message sent.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

This could be interesting

Message sent

Edmonton AB
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

Hi Jessica,

Could you please send me copies of your lists for Florence and Venice? Thanks very much. This is our first time and there's no shortage (and occaissionally absense)of conflicting advice.

John Madill, Edmonton AB Canada

john.madill@gmail.com

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,612 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

There are useful maps showing restaurant locations at the back of several books, notably

"Venice Osterie" by Michela Scibilia, published by VianelloPhotobooks

"Chow! Venice" by Shannon Essa and Rurh Edenbaum, published by the Wine appreciation Guild of San Francisco

Guide books such as the "Time Out" Venice guide puiblished by Ebury Publishing also show recommended restraurants

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

What a great idea ..Bit like MrJGC list although guide books give an idea you can imagine how many are based on how much of a free meal they got at the restaurant !!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

The list Jess give is good, but there are a lot of really nice places not included, at the end of the day Venice Osterie book takes a lot of beating,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

Hey jess,

Thanks for your info, have sent my email.

Ciao, Katina

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

Thanks Jessica. Will be very useful. Message has been sent.

Sara

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

How helpful to do this. Thanks also to Sophie for the book recommendation. Venice can be challenging (but rewarding) in terms of finding good restaurants, there are some real duds (but some lovely ones too, just have to search them out.) Florence, a different kettle of fish (no pun intended), I think it would be difficult to find a poor meal there, so many good choices away from the more obvious locations. Tabby.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
211 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chart of restaurants - cheap and some not so cheap

Thanks for all the spade work and the large heartedness of haring it with all....have requested for a copy of all 3 cities. God Bless...Katie