We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Hotel near Vaporetto stop

New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Hotel near Vaporetto stop

We will bearriving w children at night and so we are looking for a reasonable Hotel in thew Rialto or St Marks area that is very close to the vaporetto stop as we intend to take from the airport.

Thanks

Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,564 reviews
from US$56.80*
Special Offer
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
772 reviews
from US$175.60*
US$195.80
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,541 reviews
from US$75.80*
US$92.20
St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace...
292 reviews
from US$82.10*
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
427 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Hotel near Vaporetto stop

Hi,

Not sure what your idea of "reasonable" is, but we stayed the Locanda ai Bareteri, its reviewed on TA, or at http://www.bareteri.com/.

We loved this place, it was close to Rialto (which made it easy to find when we were lost, every day), only a few minutes walk. Rooms were very clean, newly refurbished, staff was wonderful.

New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Hotel near Vaporetto stop

Looking in the $150 - 200 /night per room

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,801 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Hotel near Vaporetto stop

Vaporettos do not go from the Airport, there is an Alilaguna ferry, which goes to the San Marco area, but not the Rialto in the evening, you would be hard pushed to find a Hotel in that area for your budget,

Much more affordable would be a Hotel in the piazzale Roma area, there is a very good Bus service from the Airport to P.Roma,

Ireland
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Hotel near Vaporetto stop

Al Ponte Mocenigo, 30 minutes walk from Vaporetto stop, 5 minutes walk from Rialto bridge. Check reviews on TA.Would highly recomment this hotel!

Ireland
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice Hotel near Vaporetto stop

Sorry I meant 30 seconds walk from Vaporetto stop!!!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,342 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice Hotel near Vaporetto stop

I don't know where you got off the vap BUT Al Ponte Mocenigo is a few steps from the San Stae stop. I am staying there myself in September.

7. Re: Venice Hotel near Vaporetto stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 06:19