We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

november?

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
172 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
november?

Two years ago my wife and I spent a wonderful week in Venicie in mid to late Oct. This year we may get to return but not until Mid November. Should we expect the weather (which was great) to be much different or the crowds to be smaller (they weren't too bad anyway? Any other info about November in Venice would be greatly appreciated...

Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,565 reviews
from US$56.40*
Special Offer
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
772 reviews
from US$174.20*
US$194.30
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,543 reviews
from US$75.20*
US$91.50
St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace...
294 reviews
from US$81.50*
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,812 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: november?

I have been to Venice late October many times its an ideal time to go, also once in the beginging of November, it was cold, and really cannot say any quieter, but if you are prepared for it to be colder it is still very enjoyable, but who know's the weather can be very fickle,

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: november?

We were in Venice in mid October, 2006 and the weather was rainy and cool. Last year we went for a week from 4-11 November and the weather was perfect. It did not rain at all and was beautiful sunshine every day. The temps were probably in the 50s F during the day. We just wore sweaters or leather jackets and were comfortable.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,812 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: november?

So it just shows you really do not know, from one year to the next,

Leicester
Level Contributor
198 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: november?

Through history some of the greatest floods in venice have arrived in November. High tides- acqua alta have been around when we have visited in November recently.

I have been equally hot (sitting in short sleeves in 18 degrees) or chilled ( snow clearly on the alps visible).

Crowds are less than in the high season- although you can end up squeezed onto elevated walkways if the water does arrive.

Take some seaweed with you (old weather forecasting trick)- if its wet you are probably up to your neck in water!

I would go anyway. You can always pick up platic waders and overalls- it gives you a real experience of the place...

Ciao..

5. Re: november?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 16:20