We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice walk

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
610 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
nice walk

I will be 2 ½ in Venice. For sure I will have a look at touristic places like: Piazza St-Marco, Doges Palace, Rialto ... But I am sure there is many many other nice places we can see in Venice. We wont have time to see all the tresures of Venice. We will stay in San Polo area. Can you suggest me some nice walks we can do from San Polo to discover some little gems of Venice. (nice little bridges, nice house, nice campo, nice views...)

Thank you. :-)

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,830 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice walk

You are so right there are so many lovely places to walk in Venice, don't plan anything just go, any direction you will come across something of interest, Venice is an Island not that big, if you get lost it will not be for long,

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,042 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice walk

alberto,Sophie is sooo right. Anywhere you walk will be interesting. From Ca Angeli walk left to the large Campo San Polo and on to the Frari Church and the Scuola Grande di San Rocco.The scuola was like a men's club and the painter Tintoretto spent about 26 years painting scenes on the walls and ceiling. then you can continue to Campo Santa Margherita where the university students hang out. You can continue all the way to the water facing the Giudecca island .

OR cross the Rialto bridge and walk left into Cannarregio and just wander. You will find your little campos and interesting churches there as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice walk

Hey riffsmom...

That sounds great... You know Venice so well!! Can't wait until I discover the areas you talk about:)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
610 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice walk

Thank you Sophie and riffsmom. I am so thrill about that vacation !!!! I can't wait!!

5. Re: nice walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 17:15