We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Strabane
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Just a few final questions for the well known travellers to ensure I have everything right for a smooth arrival in venice:

1. on arriving in marco polo airport get tha actvo bus to pizzla roma. - Where can I purchase tickets?

2. get the vapperatto to Ferrovia (St lucia Train Station) - Where can i purchase 12 hour pass?

I think thats it - once we get to the hotel we can let the adventure begin.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Tickets for the Bus can be brought in the arrivals foyer, or failing that on the Bus,,which which stops directly outside the enterance just across a slip Road,

The Vaporetto Pass can be brought at the kiosk at the Vaporetto stop, the pass looks like an ordinary ticket,

It really is only a short walk from Piazzale Roma to the Ferrovia,unless you have a lot of luggage because it entails a big Bridge to cross,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,612 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Coach timetables are available on www.atvo.it

Vaporetto timetables and fares are available on www.actv.it

Strabane
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Sophie - yeah we have a lot of luggage plus a child and buggy so thats why we thought taken the vapperato would be better.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Seeing you are buying a Pass that's a good idea, only otherwise €6.50 each would seem expensive for such a sshort journey,

Leicester
Level Contributor
198 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Dear Experts,

We have not been back to Venice since mid march when we walked this route.Is the new bridge open yet between P. Roma and the Ferrovia?

The old route is quite a walk with a lot of luggage, but I imagine the new crossing should be relatively easy.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

I think when it is finally opened we will know, but I will not hold my breath, by the Web-cam things do not seem much advanced since I was last there,

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Last newspaper reports said it was opening in time for the redentore... That was last saturday and its not open yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strabane
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice with regards to my trip to Venice - I have to start by saying wonderful! wonderful! venice - how smoothly everything went (even with two kids one of which was in a buggy and four cases and the kitchen sink.... so my husband thought - but we were travelling the next day to Lake Garda for 10 nights). On arriving at Marco Polo I followed the advice given and exited the airport and headed for the Avto bus were we were able to buy our tickets and board the bus. After an amazingly scenic and swift journey (approx 15 mins - we arrived at Pizzla Roma were we purchased 24 hour pass for the vapperatto and just one stop away we were at Ferrovia (St Lucia Train Station) and just 2 mins from our hotel. Wonderful Location - especially as the next morning we were travelling by train to Perschiera - The return journey went just as smoothly - but to be honest we didnt have a ticket for vapperatto as we only had one stop to do back to Pizzla Roma - sorry but the line for tickets was quite long and our cases quite heavy!

I will post a full report on Venice and Lake Garda over the next few days - in the meantime thanks to everyone including connie34 , sophie & robertj.

Thanks

Grainne

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

I am glad it all worked out qwell, looking forward to your reviews,

londonderry, N.I.
Level Contributor
262 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: final questions arriving on sunday!!Ye Ha!

Hi Grainne,

glad to hear you had a ball and everything went so smoothly. I see you have been bitten by the Italia bug too. One trip is all it takes! We too are doing our research for next year, it'll keep us sane over the winter.

regards connie