We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice-Murano

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Topic
Venice-Murano

Please

Where can I take the Vaporetto to Murano ?

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,247 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice-Murano

The 41 /42 Vaporetto which circumnavigates Venice goes to Murano, see time table for stops,

www.actv.it

Preston
Level Contributor
22 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice-Murano

Its quite quick if you are near the Fondemente Nuove stop, which is only about 10 min walk from rialto, otherwise you sit on vap for a long while as it goes all the way round from st marks side. we got the 41 or 42, takes about 15 min and thet run often.

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice-Murano

You can take the DM from Piazzale Roma.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,573 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice-Murano

The great virtue, to my mind, of the 41/42 service is that it goes down the canal through the middle of Murano and gives you a chocie of around 6 landing stages. I often get off at the Museo landing stage which is only a very short walk to you right to the Glass Museum in Palazzo Giustinian or another 100 metre further on to the lovely church of Santi Maria e Donato.

Alternatively I often get off at Da Mula and walk the sort distance to the church of San Pietro Martire and the Campo San Stefano where you can eat well at Busa alla Torre

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,247 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice-Murano

+From the Piazzale Roma the line 42 Vaporetto is the most direct to Murano

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice-Murano

Are the 42 and the DM the same vaporetto?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice-Murano

No, 42 stops a lot, DM goes direct so is much quicker. When you get to Venice there are Vaporetto maps displayed at the stops.

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice-Murano

That is what I thought, why I recommended the DM in post above. I have been to Murano twice on it. Thank you.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice-Murano

Thank everyone who sent these replies.

10. Re: Venice-Murano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 20:20