We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
1,194 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

I tried to book online for the tickets in September for the Secret Itinerary tour on www.museiciviciveneziani.it, but the transaction was denied. Has anyone else had trouble booking online with their credit card? I would appreciate help please.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,663 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

No trouble using my Visa card on this site.

Possible probs may have to do with card itself.

Maybe you need to tell your bank you'll be in Italy.

Maybe if you have Visa you need to establish "verified by visa" pin.

Maybe places were sold out for that particular day/time.

I'd call your bank and then try again.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
1,194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

I used my visa card, and it was during the booking that I had to register for 'verified by visa' to finalise the payment. Taht was successful, but I wonder if that was the problem, maybe too much time had lapsed? Should I try again or wait to hear back from the museum since I had to send them an email to the address given by the the website. I see the number of tickets from the session I was applying for has reduced by the amount I wanted to buy.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,615 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

You could phone them if you are worried about this, they speak good English,

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
1,194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

Thanks sophie8

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
422 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

This past May we were unable to do it on line or by phone (they kept hanging up on us), so our hotel made reservations for us when we arrived, with no problem.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

Kpiddy - Exactly the same happened to me last week after I had to verify my Visa card during the transaction. I sent an email to the booking company and they confirmed the next day that my transaction had not gone through. The tickets I'd tried to book had also "disappeared" off the booking system. The second time I tried, the booking went through ok, but I had to book a different tour time. Really looking forward to going on my first visit to Venice in 3 weeks time. When will you be there?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
1,194 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

sgin21 we will be vistiing Venice for the first time at the end of September, really looking forward to every aspect of our planned european holiday. I will try angain during the week to purchase tickets, I will wait and see if I receive an email back from the booking company. Have a great time yourself :)

Central Coast...
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

Yes, I too have had problems. I went right through to the end twice and the site kept thinking, thinking 'til I finally gave up and exited. Their website is really a horror (half English / half Italian) and very long-winded. Will try again this week, but am tempted to spend the extra and go through Ticketitaly.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

I had no trouble at all booking and paying by Visa through Tickitaly, but it does cost 4 euros more per person (I didn't realize it was more at the time I was booking).

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
1,194 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone else have trouble booking online for Doge Secret Tour

After two unsuccessful attempts using my Visa, I decided to try the Mastercard, and I got lucky third time round, so pleased it finally worked.