We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anthem, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

Count down has begun for your Sunday departure. Are you ready?

Have you crossed EVERYTHING off your list? (or if you are like me, you have lists all over the house, have you located them all)

If you have an IPOD, have you downloaded the peaceful, relaxing music that will help you rest or sleep on the overnite. With that in mind, have you checked out what Delta is showing for movies?????? Already checked for my flights, Mamma Mia isn't there , darn. (last year's trip we got Schrek, oh well)

Have a peaceful, stressless few days before your trip, enjoying the late summer SoCal days.

S

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,650 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

You are too sweet my friend.

I plan to sleep on the plane after dinner.

I have a little pill.

Now if only the weather would cooperate then all will be peaceful!!

I don't mind repacking now that cooler days will be here. I prefer them.

Ciao

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

Have a great time riffsmom! (I know you will!!) Didn't you post a month ago that the time couldn't come fast enough for you? Well here it is - finally!

Have a glass of prosecco or sgroppino or wine and savor every moment!

coxs creek, kentucky
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

riffsmom~~I am quite certain that you have forgotten something very important !! I have not received my instructions for you as to where you will be picking me up ??!!!!!!!! LOL, I know you would smuggle me into your suitcase if you could ! Hope you have a very wonderful trip and I am still praying for your trip to go smoothly (in regards to Ike). Last time I checked he is due to hit the Texas coast on Saturday morning,which by the way is exactly where my son and grandbaby live, so I will be doing some double-whammy prayers !!!

Take care, eat well and enjoy all the wonders of our bella Italia!!! And tip a lot of wineglasses for me !!! Or whatever your choice of drinks are will be fine with me!!! I am soooo flexible!!! Buon viaggio my friend!!!

niagara falls.canada
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

riffsmom... Have a wonderful trip. I know you have been looking forward to revisiting Italy.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,650 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

wittyone, Nice to hear from you!!

I wish I COULD fit you in my suitcase but I travel light with only carryon.

Maybe next time.

Thanks for the help with the weather and I'll try and do the same for your family.

I am just visualizing clear skies.

Travelrrr, Thanks for the good wishes as well!

Here in SanDiego we have very little experience with weather of any kind so I am very spoiled. I borrowed some rain gear from a friend as I don't own any.

Ciao

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

Hi Riffsmom,

Many thanks for your reponses. Have fun in Venice. Bon Voyage!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

riffsmom

have a lovely trip !!! I will be there a week after you

Jess

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

Riffsmom, many thanks to you for all of the helpful advice you gave when I was planning my trip. I hope you have a wonderful one as well!

Jessybobs - didn't you just get back from Venice? And you get to go again?!! I only get to dream about my next trip there...

Green, Ohio
Level Contributor
281 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

Riffsmom, Wishing you a safe trip. Have a wonderful time! Thanks for your help in the past. I am at 3 weeks and counting myself. Can't wait! Let me know how La Zucca is.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,650 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riffsmom, Are You Ready?

You guys are just soo wonderful!

I appreciate the fact that you took a minute to write a word or two for me.

I am taking a journal so I can write down all the important things like how much I spend, what I eat, how wonderful everything is etc.

I have some days planned and some days for wandering in new sestieri.

I was very tense last week but as time gets closer and I finish all the preparations I get calmer.

By Sunday I should be asleep.(LOL)

Ciao las mias amicas(?)