We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome-Florence-Venice: How many days?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
671 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Rome-Florence-Venice: How many days?

We're starting our trip in Rome next spring where we will spend 4 days. Then we plan to take the train to Florence and then on to Venice. Originally our plan was 4 days Rome/2 days Florence/ 4 days Venice, but I'm wondering if we should switch it to instead spend 3 days in Florence and Venice each. Would the extra day benefit us in Florence? Would we miss anything in Venice if we took a day away there? Thanks!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,689 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome-Florence-Venice: How many days?

"How long is a piece of string?"

Of course there are things you would miss in Venice and extra things you would see in Florence with adding or subtracting days in each city.

You could easily spend a week in each city and still not see or do everything.

I think 4,3,3 is a better plan but then I wouldn't do all 3 in one trip.

You might read and make a list of the things you really want to see/experience in each place and then make your decision based on that info.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome-Florence-Venice: How many days?

Have to say I agree with riffsmom. We spent a week in each last year and that was just enough time to become reasonably acquainted with Venice and Florence, but nowhere near enough time to get to know Rome....

3. Re: Rome-Florence-Venice: How many days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 11:17
Minnesota
Level Contributor
671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome-Florence-Venice: How many days?

That's good information, thanks. We're probably going to look into a Tuscany bike tour from Florence, so we'll probably need the extra day there. It's hard because right now I don't know much about Florence. I think splitting our time more evenly will probably be a better choice. Thanks!

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome-Florence-Venice: How many days?

I just want to add one more thought for you. Look at the days when you will be in Florence and keep in mind that the Accademia and Ufizzi are closed on Monday so if they are important to you work your schedule around that.

On our first trip this happened to us and luckily I realized it far enough in advance to allow an extra day in Florence.

6. Re: Rome-Florence-Venice: How many days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 21:19