We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
932 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
how long

how long will it take to walk to san marco from the rialto

Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,564 reviews
from US$56.80*
Special Offer
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
772 reviews
from US$175.60*
US$195.80
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,541 reviews
from US$75.80*
US$92.20
St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace...
290 reviews
from US$82.10*
Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long

Hello, if you walk fairly briskly, about 20 minutes, I think, although the streets can be crowded and slow you down.

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long

It's much closer than that - it can be done in under ten minutes if you know the shortcuts - but as Loddington says it's likely to take tourists longer, especially if it's crowded or if something catches your attention.

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
932 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long

ok thanks and what about from rialto to piazzale roma

thanks

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how long

From Rialto to Ple. Roma starting at the fish market, it can be done in about 15 minutes. Less, if you follow the signs and walk quickly. But what is the fun in that? Recently a friend walked from Rialto to Piazzale Roma, and I took the vaporetto. He not only beat me, but had a glass of Prosecco in hand, waiting for me.

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
932 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how long

ok thanks,

i just want to know walking distances to see how far places are from eachother.

what about from the tip of dorsuduro ( dogana di mare) to the other side san nicola di mendicoli

thanks

Clifton, NJ
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how long

LOL. I went through a phase like this where I seemed to have an unnatural obsession with walking distances from two points.

Just thought I'd throw this out there...

If you take Calle Bembo, very near the Rialto, it is almost a straight shot to the Piazza. Because this is a less travelled route, there isn't too much of a crowd to contend with. The total distance is less than 400 Yards and just for fun I walked it REALLY fast and made it from the beginning of Calle Bembo (within sight of the Rialto) to the Piazza in less than 4 minutes.

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how long

This link is for some great shortcut tips for walking in Venice. It came in handy last Nov. for our week long stay.

slowtrav.com/italy/venice/re_shortcuts.htm

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: how long

Tinamm..... install Google Earth and use the ruler tool!

Ciao

Francesco

9. Re: how long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 15:19