We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two week honeymoon in venice?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
two week honeymoon in venice?

We are getting married on 8th November 2008 and we were thinking of one week in Paris (we've been before) and a week in Venice.(we've never been)

Questions:

Is two week too long in Venice?

Am finding it difficult to get direct flights from Liverpool (where we live), or Manchester on 9th November. Any suggestions?

Hotel wise, as it's a Honeymoon we were looking at somewhere plush. Looked at Ca'Sagredo Hotel. Would anyone recommend it? Or a romantic apartment? Or any suggestions?

Thanks for any imput on this

Paul

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,343 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

That is a really lovely Hotel, I would think a week in Paris and a week in Venice would be idea, personally no time is too long in Venice,

Have you considered Ryan Air from Liverpool, they fly to Treviso, which is not too far from Venice, and there is a Bus that connects,

Liverpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

thanks for your speedy reply.

ryanair fly on a monday evening so i'd feel like two days had already gone.

we are really looking to have a laid back two weeks, that's why it appeals to have the whole two weeks in venice. Just not sure if this is too long..

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

Hi

We find Paris too big a city to relax in - just like London. To us, every trip to Venice is another honeymoon - and we have been many times! We have never stayed at the Ca'Sagredo but are always recommending the Hotel Metropole - especially with a lagoon-view room. See their web-site, www.hotel-venezia-metropole.com. Full of lovely antiques and plush furnishings.

Getting to Venice out of season is not easy. There is an Easyjet flight to Marco Polo at 1pm on 9th from East Midlands - about 140 miles from you and the drive shouldn't be too bad on a Sunday. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's the dreaded Gatwick or Heathrow.

Have a super honeymoon.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

Why don't you make your way to Paris by train, spend a few days there and fly to Venice. I just returned from Europe and paid 104 Eur one way Venice to Paris for my husband and I with Easyjet. We spent 3 days in Venice and thought that was enough time. In all fairness we were there at the end of a very busy three week vacation and were getting a bit tired. I would rather spend a week in Florence and Cinque Terre but that's just my opinion.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,343 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

It is all opinions anyway, Cinque Terre in November ,I think not, and give me Venice every time, it is unique,

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

I would love to spend two weeks in Venice. We went for 7 nights last Nov and I'm yearning to go back. There was a recent post by someone that had spent two weeks in Venice, try to find it and read it. It wasn't enough for her.

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
172 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

psg2000, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. It has now been three very long years since my 25th anniversary trip to Venice. We spent one week there in Mid-late October. The next time we go we are hoping for two weeks. One week was not long enough for us. Just when we felt we were really getting settled in and learning our way around it was time to go home. No matter where you choose to spend your honeymoon may you have a wonderful time!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

thanks for everyone's imput

:)

Collegeville, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: two week honeymoon in venice?

We spent two weeks in Venice last year and found it very relaxing - - and exciting. When you have that much time, there is no need to rush around frantically. We just took it slow and enjoyed the people-watching, magnificent architecture, gelato, looking in the various shops. We would stop often to rest at an outdoor cafe with some vino. Part of the experience that I liked best was the picture-taking. Every turn, every place is a panorama of beauty...which you can take home with you and enjoy for years to come. Click on my name and you will locate my very lengthy reports.