We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years day

ny
Level Contributor
755 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
new years day

Could someone please tell me if the gondolas are running on New Years Day? thanks

Row Venice
Gondola Cruises
Tour Leader Venice
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours, Gondola Cruises
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, Gondola Cruises, Cultural Tours, City Tours
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,781 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new years day

I would think so, but you you could contact them on this site to verify,

www.gondolavenezia.it/history_tariffe.asp…

ny
Level Contributor
755 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new years day

Hi Sophie, Thanks. That site would not accept my contact email, but I did find a link on there for a Venice Tourist Board and I sent them a message. Hopefully they will get back to me. Thanks for your help. New Years Day is tricky to plan for. I think we will wind up just basically wandering around. Would you have any other ideas for us? thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,781 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new years day

It's not something you would have to book, so take it as it comes, really do not think a Gondola ride is the be all and end all, and quite chilly in the depth of Winter,

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new years day

We were in Venice on New Years day a few years ago. It was wonderful!!!!

Yes lots of wandering, stopping in the odd bar for a hot chocolate or hot wine, to keep the chill out! The earlier you can get out and about the better - you will have the place to yourself!

There is an annual dip in the sea of the Lido which seems a popular thing to go and watch - hot drinks and food.

There were plenty of gondolas about and plenty of restaurants and bars open. Some were closed but we had no problems stopping off and finding somewhere throughout the day!

Have a wonderful time!!

Lanska

ny
Level Contributor
755 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new years day

Thank you both for your help. It sounds like we will have a relaxing day, perhaps with a gondola ride. We are a family of boaters, so to us the gondola will be a highlight - cold and all! :)

6. Re: new years day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 22:21