We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

I am staying in Venice over New Year and was wondering if anyone knows what (if anything) will be happening in St Mark's Sq on New Year's Eve or if anyone is aware of any kind of celebrations in any other areas of Venice as despite searching the internet I cannot seem to find any information for this year.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,247 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

There is a lot of information if you put "Venice New Years Eve," in the GO box on this page,

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

Hi Sophie8,

Thanks for your help. I have previously tried the search on this sight and yes, you're right, there is a lot of general information re New Yr's Eve in Venice, however, I was hoping to perhaps find out a little more detailed info, eg if a themed party, parade or suchlike is planned for this year specifically. Whatever happens I'm sure it will be great and thanks again for the info. S471

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
941 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

Perhaps you could find sth at:

www.turismovenezia.it/eng/dynalay.asp…

www.unospitedivenezia.it/index.asp?lng=2

http://www.veniceword.com/

Buona fortuna!

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

They have just announced that there will be fireworks, live music (jazz and samba) in the Piazza and a music procession from Dorsoduro to San Marco.

God's 1/2 acre
Level Contributor
849 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

Illyria,

Where can I find more information about the procession from Dorsodoro?

Regards

Martha

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

Hi Cordeiro, many many thanks for your help, www.Turismovenezia.it did have a specific piece on New Year's Eve 08/09. The LOVE theme from last year is being repeated with a few surprises too. Excellent website, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :-)

Hawthorn, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

Thanks for guiding me to the website letting me know 'what's on' in Venice on NYE. My family and I will be in Venice for 3 nights, from 30/12/08 and the LOVE themed NYE will be a surprise bonus for us. I was happy enough just to be in Venice on NYE, but am now very excited about this special event in St Mark's square. Vanessa.

Barcelona
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

Thank you very much for this info. We are also travelling to Venice in NYE and had no idea what to do! See you in St Marks Sq!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

We'll be there too for a couple days surrounding New Year's. We wondered with the tides, but everything seems to be under contol and we look forward to an enjoyable visit. We are staying in the square and are sure we can find some way to celebrate appropriately.

10. Re: New Year's Eve in Venice 2008/09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 20:18