We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto

Has anyone seen the Il barbiere di Siviglia at the Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto? Or has anyone been to this venue? Would you recommend this program?

Thank you.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,005 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto

Put " Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto " in the GO box at the top of the page, there is a lot of information there,

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto

Yes! I've attended 4 performances there, two were Barber of Seville. And I will go again and again...

It's very entertaining. You'll smile and laugh till your jaws ache!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto

Hi!

I went to Palazzo-Bararigo twice in August this year, seeing The Barber of Seville and Traviata. Both productions were stunning, made very special by the surroundings, the small audience, moving from room to room as the opera progressed and most important, the fantastic singing and playing. Obviously the cast is small - limiting the 'action' to the main characters but nothing was lost with this interpretation.

During one interval, as we moved to the next scene, we stood on the balcony, overlooking the Grand Canal and watched the gondolas glide by. Magical.

(The tickets were also incredibly reasonable though it seems churlish to mention such things!)

Have a wonderful time!

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto

A big resounding Yes from me too! I went to see La Traviata and loved it. I don't think I've ever seen a post from anyone who has gone to one of their productions who didn't like it. It is quite unique in the venue and the small audience - and definitely worth the money!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto

Thanks to all for the wonderful information! I will definitely get tickets. Can't wait to get to Venice.

6. Re: Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 02:16