We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

Hello all,

I know there are lots of posts on this but I didn't see my specific one... sorry if this is a duplicate but I need some hand holding on this. :)

We will have a 6:55 am departure flight from VCE in March, I would like to take the most economical as long as it's practical, way to the airport at that hour. From looking at the Alilaguna timetable (best as I can read it) the options look to me to be the Fondamenta Nove at 4:21 am. (We are staying near the Rialto Bridge) Last time there we stayed the night before the flight in Mestre and took a taxi at that hour because I was worried about the logistics of getting to the airport... this time being brave :)

My questions:

1.Does this route go straight to Murano Colonna then on to VCE? or does it head over to San Marco Giardinetti, etc.. then back track to the airport to arrive at the same time? the reason I'm asking is the departure time from San Marco Giardinetti is 4:50 and I'm not wanting to get up any earlier than I have to :)

2. Does anyone know how long it will take to get from either of these pick up points to the airport? we can check in no later than 6:25 and I really would not want to cut it that close, planning on getting there at least an hour- hour 1/2 before flight after checking in online the day before and only having carry on.

3. Silly question perhaps, will I know an Alilaguna bus from the regular water buses? don't want to get on the wrong thing and miss the flight....

Thanks for your help!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,663 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

Tufy, You said you were staying at Ca Angeli.

I have stayed there too.You do NOT want to walk to the Fondamente Nove at that hour.

You can just take the regular water bus back to Piazzale Rome and then take the ATVO express to the airport.There is a 5AM bus. You will be at the airport by 5:30 the latest. It usually takes about 20-25min.

It costs 3 euro each and there is space for luggage under the bus.

www.atvo.it/index.php…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
690 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

I agree with riffsmom. The most economical way to get to VCE is by vaporetto to Piazzale Rome and then ATVO bus. Really wish I took that route; taking the Alilaguna water bus cost a bit more and seemed to take forever to get to VCE (even stopped in Murano).

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

Thanks so much Riffsmom! I wasn't sure that the water buses were working at that time of day and since it's March didn't know if things were a bit less geared for tourists.

That sounds like a great idea and only 30 minutes to the airport is wonderful. Am curious why I wouldn't want to walk to the Nove stop at that hour? easy to get lost?

Also, were you as happy with your stay at Ca' Angeli as everyone mentions?

Thanks again for your help!

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

Jess you replied while I was replying to Riffsmom, Thanks for the advice! Will follow it, TA is wonderful for this!

Loved your restaurant charts, thanks for your efforts!

By the way, I'm in the Tri-Cities, just over the mountains from you and getting plenty of snow and cold...

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,615 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

Vaporetto's run 24/7 the fist Bus leaves Piazzale Roma at 04.40 ( actv) the journey is appox 25 minutes, that time of day you will be ok for a 6.55 am flight,

Alilaguna Ferries do look different from Vaporetto, they only ply to the Airport, but I would take the Bus option,

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,663 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

Tufy, I have stayed at Ca Angeli twice. My double used as a single room, had no view but I enjoyed sitting in the window seat in the living room and gazing at the Grand Canal. I thought the breakfast buffet was very good too. They have a copy of Venice Osteria for you to use and will make all your dinner reservations.

I found everyone there to be friendly and helpful.

sophie mentioned the other bus line that I have not taken because it is not usually an express.

The only reason I said not to walk to the allilaguna was that it would be dark and cold and why drag your stuff a long way when you don't have to bother.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

Thanks Sophie and Riffsmom! will there be a way to determine which is the express bus verses the other? Do I pay for the bus at the train station?

Thanks so much for your responses.

Great to hear how happy you were with Ca'Angeli!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,615 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

The only reason I mentioned the ACTV Bus was because it' s earlier personally I use the ATVO Bus,

timewise not a lot in it,

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

Is it obvious which bus is the ACTV or the ATVO?

Do I pick this up at the train station and pay there?

Thanks!

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alilaguna question....need hand held :)

Sorry, missed the first time that you said to pick it up at Piazzale Roma! I didn't go there on my last visit, will head over there sometime during the week to check out where to pick up the bus, hopefully it's obvious.

Thanks again