We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train fares

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
train fares

Hi,

I will stay in Venice from 1st to 5th January, then I'll head for Florence by train. Is there any difference in price if I buy the ticket online now or when I arrive in Venice? I mean, is it like air companies when is getting close to the trip the prices of the ticktes are getting higher?

Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,540 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train fares

There is no need to buy in advance, get them in Venice prior to travel, a lot less hassle, prices are fixed,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,790 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train fares

Train fares do not alter. I always buy my train tickets when in Italy as buying over the internet can be a problem I find.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,096 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train fares

Hello,

You might have problems buying tickets through trenitalia over the internet. The site is not set up to accept non-Italian issued credit cards. You will have no problems buying all of your tickets when you get to Italy. You can buy them your first day there or wait until the day you wish to travel. The prices will be the same. If you buy them 24 hours or more in advance you will qualify for the "amica" fare if it is available. Check out the trenitalia site for timetables and prices.

Donna

God's half acre
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: train fares

Cordeiro,

Ask about the AMICA fares...they are cheaper!

Martha

venezia
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train fares

Buy your tickets in Venice, in the train station, in a Travel Agency (kele & teo) or ask your Hotel Concierge, we are able to get them for you (at the same fare) so you will not have to waste time queueing...ask for Tariffa Amica but remember that it is not always available....so please, trust who will tell you that it was not!

Happy Christmas

6. Re: train fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 07:21