We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice - family of 4

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
57 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Venice - family of 4

I'm having trouble finding rooms that accomodate 4 people in Venice near to sights and at - dare I say - reasonable price. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice - family of 4

What are you looking for? I am also searching for a room to accomodate myself and 2 children, I have found many rooms and the rates are fairly reasonable. I am looking for rooms during the month of July.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,669 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice - family of 4

Hi Kyani,

Venice is a small walkable city with a very good water bus(vaporetto) transportation system so all sections of it are OK for lodging.

I don't know what price you would consider "reasonable" but the dollar/euro exchange rate is not the best so many things seem expensive.

I don't know when you are planning to visit or how long you want to stay. Sometimes an apartment rental makes it less expensive. Have you tried using either :

www.venere.com or www.veniceby.com to put in your budget requirements and look for a hotel or apartment?

If you find something you can afford then come back to this site to read the reviews to see if others liked the place.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice - family of 4

We stayed here and it was very safe and a great location. Prices for 4 beds with a bathroom are 200-208 euros, breakfast included. Don't know if this is in your price range or not but I can recommend the place. I can say it was extremely clean :)

To check out the prices go to the reservations page and there is an oval with prices at the top left hand side. These are 2008 prices.

donorione-venezia.it/ing/prenotazioni.asp#

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,620 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice - family of 4

THere are many Hotels which has rooma to accomodate 4, I would not worry about location Venice is not big,

Put "Quad rooms" in the search box on this page a lot of leads there,

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
57 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice - family of 4

Thank you for all the helpful replies. It kept me on the computer for many hours into the night!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,638 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice - family of 4

You do not say what time of the year you are intending to visit Venice. Some times, such as Carnevale in February and the popular tourist months - April to June and September/October can be very busy. You are generally best advised to book well ahead - I booked for my forthcoming visit in the end of May last November to be sure of getting the room I wanted in the Hotel I wanted.

As for location, fortunately everywhere is near some of the tourist sites as they are well scattered over Venice itself and also the islands in the lagoon so wherever you are you cannot be far wrong. In addition all Venice is very safe, even late at night.

Do you want a family room with 4 beds? These can be scarce but are not unknown.

I suggest you check through the Tripadvisor Venice Hotels list (click on the button at the top left of the page) and read the user reviews carefully.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
57 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice - family of 4

I will be traveling the first week of August and would like to stay for under 300 us dollars for a family of 4 with breakfast. I saw some great apartments that had huge discounts if booked now.

venezia
Level Contributor
205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice - family of 4

There is a new, nice Hotel that has interconnecting rooms..two standard, two de Luxe or two Junior Suites....check the site www.ruzzinipalace.com

Regards

9. Re: Venice - family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 10:16