We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price of coffee/tea

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
1 post
Save Topic
price of coffee/tea

Will be staying on lido soon for a week. Can anyone advise me on the general price of coffee/tea in venice( in euro) Cheaper preferred and of any good cafes. Thanks.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,496 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: price of coffee/tea

Tea can be a problem as it is almost invariably made with tea bags and not always with boiling, or even very hot, water. Coffee is generally nicer to English tastes and comes in many forms from tiny cups of highly concentrated coffee - Espresso to quite milky coffee Caffe con latte with a morning cup of capuchino along he way.

Venice
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: price of coffee/tea

A regular coffee costs 80 cents in ANY bar or cafe, even the most expensive and famous in piazza san marco,as long as you drink it at the desk(or till? anyway,standing). If have it at a table you could pay any price,even 30 euros...

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: price of coffee/tea

Seriously Frasier? Wow...I knew it was cheaper to drink/eat standing but yikes. Haha maybe I should travel with my own little portable chair!

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: price of coffee/tea

Seriously Frasier? Wow...I knew it was cheaper to drink/eat standing but yikes. Haha maybe I should travel with my own little portable chair!

Venice
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: price of coffee/tea

Yes, I'm pretty sure.Maybe other italians can confirm it...

However,in order to avoid unpleasant surprises, ask the bartenders before (sometimes they take advantage of tourists..)

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: price of coffee/tea

Yes I'll definitely be erring on the side of standing up for more guarantee of something cheaper. But if I were to ask...Frasier could you tell me how to ask in "simple italian" = "how much is ?the price at a table/or patio"?

Venice
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: price of coffee/tea

Scusi, quanto costa al tavolo?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,690 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: price of coffee/tea

If you are having a drink sitting down right at the centre of piazza s. marco , yes it can cost you a fortune. There is cover charge, music charge (as there is live music and all that). But you can sit there all day :)

Elsewhere, it's not ridiculous like that.

Toronto, Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: price of coffee/tea

Yes...I've been told to think of purchasing coffee on a patio as akin to renting time/space.

Thank you Frasier! (ps ironically my husband's name is the same and he is Italian but speaks none!)

Venice
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: price of coffee/tea

Shylo, is he named Frasier?? Well, my real name isnt frasier...I just love Kelsey Grammer and the tv series...!