We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaporetto pass ?

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
418 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Vaporetto pass ?

Hello! we are a family of four and are staying for 2 nights in Venice...so after having checked the prices for the vaporetto passes I need some help. My hotel is near Rialto and I will arrive at sta. Lucia in the 1s day and leave from there 2 days after...I don't know if I should buy a 48 hrs pass (28eur) or if I will walk most of the time, since many people say everything is close in Venice.

Thank you!

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

This might depend on if you have little kids or not, can they walk a lot? You might want to write down what you want to see and if it's all in the same general area (St. Marks, etc..) if so, then you might not want to splurge. We used a pass quite a bit a couple of years ago though and we're planning on buying the multi day pass for our upcoming trip.

You do get rather tired by the end of the day...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,130 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

Bearing in mind that single trips are €6.50, you need take only five trips in 48 hours to save money. Two of those trips (if I read your post correctly) will be from and to the station. I would be surprised if you did not want to take at least three more trips.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,317 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

If you plan any sightseeing like out to Murano then it will almost certainly be worthwhile. I like the fact that once I have the pass I can hop on and off as many vaporetti as I like and go where I like without thinking "That's another E6.50 each, or E26 just to go to Salute or Guidecca or San Giorgio" I believe not having it prevents you from doing things you might otherwise do.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,645 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

Depending when you are going you can get a pass on line for as little as €21 for 48 hours if you do this 15 days in advance,

http://www.veniceconnected.com/

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

Hi Sophie, I hadn't heard of this discounted way to buy the tickets. We leave in 22 days so I have time to do this. Where do you pick these up in Venice? at the Train Station? Have you used these? is this company reliable, is it through the city?

Thanks!

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

Found out where to pick them up! Train station and parking lot.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,645 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

From what I can gather ( it is all rather new) you are given a number, then you pick the pass up at the place's on the site,

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

Thanks Sophie, I think we'll try this out, it's a good bargain. We'll be there for 5 days and it will be cheaper to buy the 7 day pass than for a 3 and 2 day passes together. It comes out to 5 something a day, which is a bargain for traveling all day..

Am curious if anyone has used this company though or has bought this? No problems with the pass being valid?

Thanks for the tip!

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

O.K. Sorry for asking before checking myself! this is run by the city of Venice so is legit :-) here is a blurb from their webpage.

"Venice Connected": New online booking system for public tourist services

It is now much easier to book a holiday in Venice, thanks to "Venice Connected", the new online reservation system set up by the City of Venice. Simply by going to www.veniceconnected.com it is possible to book and buy online all public tourist services in town and save money at the same time.

Found the above at …venezia.it/flex/…1

Thanks again Sophie for the tip!

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vaporetto pass ?

Even more info for those interested:

Venice, Italy - From February 1st it will be much easier to book a holiday in Venice thanks to "Venice Connected", the new on-line reservation system set up by the City of Venice. Simply by going to www.veniceconnected.com it will be possible to book and buy on-line all public tourist services in town and save money at the same time.

Hereby the list of services:

* public transport in Venice and to all the Island

* public water transport to/from the airport

* public bus transport to/from the airport

* Limited Traffic Zone (ZTL) tickets for tourist buses

* Communal parking in Piazzale Roma

* Civic Museums, including the Doge's Palace

* public toilets

* weddings at the Town Hall.

In order to buy reduced tickets, on-line bookings will be have to be made 15 days in advance. This means that starting from February 16th the new "Venice Connected" pricing system will be in use. Prices will vary according to low, middle and high season, which will be marked respectively in green, blue and red days on the "Venice Connected" on-line calendar. Therefore, by booking on-line, tourists will be given the chance not only to save their money, but also to know the City's "sustainability grade" in advance and consequently to choose to come in less crowed periods.