We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

want a hotel on Grand Canal please

united kingdom
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
want a hotel on Grand Canal please

I know this has been posted before, but can someone help me make a decission please. I would like a special Hotel (not more that £500.00) per night situated on the Grand Canal for early May, so we can have breakfast on the outdoor terrace and enjoy the magical view that Venice has to offer. We are only there for 3 nights so I would really like to make this special. I have been looking at The Daniela, Bauer ll Palazzo, Gritti Palace. If anyone can reccommend a lovely luxurious Hotel on the Grand Canal with an outdoor terrace then I would love to hear from you. Thank you

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,895 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

For that amount I would think you would have the pick pof Venice,

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
628 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

Ca' Angeli is on the Grand Canal, haven't stayed there yet but have reservations starting the 19th of March for 5 nights. The prices are waaayyyy below what you mentioned (at least in March) and they are number 2 in the ratings on TripAdvisor B&B'S it is a hotel with only 6 rooms and they serve breakfast.

Haven't stayed there but read great things about them. Will be reporting back.

Will be interested in what you pick.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

well, all the prices for the Danieli and Gritti Palace work out to be approx £1500 for 3 nights which is really over our budget, but as it is a special occasion I thought that is how much I would HAVE to spend. Have tried lookin at various websites but perhaps I need to do a little more research. I would like to have breakfast included in the price otherwise it works out even more. If you think I can get it cheaper - then please tell me more!

united kingdom
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

looking at the Bauer now as it seems to have a lovely terrace over looking the Grand Canal

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
628 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

Go to the Venice Hotels link on the left and do a search between your different options. Another good place to look is SlowTrav.com

Here is Ca' Angeli's website

http://www.caangeli.it/

If we can do anything else, let us know.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

I'm confused. You say up to GBP 500 per night, but you also say GBP 1500 for three nights is over your budget...

The Monaco & Grand Canal and the Europa & Regina are both on the Grand Canal and have terraces. I couldn't get the the Monaco's clunky reservation system to work, but the Europa has 3-night packages for around 850 Euro.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,843 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

I would check the Locanda Vivaldi, Ca Sagredo Hotel, and Hotel Londra Palace. All on the Grand Canal.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,895 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

Have a look at the Foscari Palace,

hotelfoscaripalace.com/ita/foscari/home.asp

united kingdom
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

Thank you so much for your replies....will check out the recommended hotels. Anyone got any upto date info (actualy stayed at the Bauer Hotel). Have read several reviews and although the location sounds wonderful im not so sure about the decor, as I truly want to enjoy the venitian ambience of a venice Hotel.

billm09
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: want a hotel on Grand Canal please

I just completed my research and looked at all of the properties you looked at. Two things will drive the price up and can be controlled. First it is much more for a room facing the Grand Canal. There are other views to see and second breakfast included. At the Griti those things almost doubled the price. I will be there mid May and am paying 380 Euro per night for a Grand Deluxe Room, All of the properties you mention are beautiful and I believe have outdoor terraces so good luck. When are you going ? That also makes a big difference.