We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
316 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

It seems that more and more when I look for reviews and "pictures" associated with the hotel reviews, the pictures turn out to be of Venice instead of the actual hotel. While I'm sure everyone loves their own vacation pictures why do people persist in posting their personal vacation pictures under the HOTEL REVIEW? Wouldn't it be better to just post those under "VENICE" rather than a particular hotel?

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,612 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

You have a good point, views filed under a Hotel should indeed be of the Hotel and its immediate vicinity.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

The actual Hotel Review contains photos of the Hotel, but I think when the photos sent in by reviewers although mostly are of the Hotels concerned, the few that get through do not really do any harm, especially if they are of out of the way places,

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

There are some people who will post pictures of the Doges Palace, Rialto Bridge, a stray gondola, etc ALL under the review of a hotel when the hotel is nowhere NEAR the Rialto or Doges Palace. Look at the Hilton Molino Stucky pictures for example. Someone just posted a review with pictures of their Carnival experience...I'm glad they had a good time, but it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the hotel.

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

Often this is why I also look at sites like venere.com for reviews and photos...

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

Venere is a good sight, but it doesn't contain the vast amount of pictures that TA does. Of course the problem of sifting through reviews with non-hotel pictures is not confined to just Venice. I think it is also quite bad in Prague. Most hotel reviews contain pictures of at least Charlges Bridge and Prague Castle. They are both great sights, but should be posted under the city and not under the 100+ hotels and their reviews.

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

This is one of my pet peeves as well. I just try to skip through the non-hotel photos as quickly as possible but they do waste a lot of time when you specifically want to see the hotel photos.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

Yes, I think it's very annoying to have to wade through other people's vacation pics (of which they are obviously very proud) just to see pics of a hotel.

8. Re: Hotel Reviews with pictures of Venice - not hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 13:20