Greetings TA Members,
I am planning our summer (July 09) trip to Italy and Switzerland. Our first stop in Italy itinerary is Venice as we will be flying into Zurich and taking Cisalpino into Italy. We are staying near the St. Lucia Station. We will have 1 full day and on 2nd day we have a 5:00 PM train to Rome.
Can you offer feedback on the below itinerary and let me know if this makes sense?
- Vap # 1 to St.Mark's Square. Doges, Basilica, Campenille, etc...
- Vaporetto to Riato Bridge.. Walk the bridge.. See markets..
- Walk to San Polo or take Vaporetto.. St Mary's Friars etc...
- Vaporetto to Academia... Walk through Dorsuduro..Campo San Margharita..Eat..
- Vap # 1 or 82 .. Grand Canal Tour..
- Head back to hotel
- Checkout and store luggage at hotel
- Vap # 42 to FN and LN ferry to Murano..
- Spend time in Murano
- Take LN ferry to Burano.. sight-see and lunch
- Take LN ferry back to FN and Vap back to St Lucia
- Get snacks and board 5:00 pm train
Is this too aggresive? I plan to buy the 48 hour Travel Card before leaving US and pick it up on Day 1 of our Venice sight-seeing.
- Is the 48 hr card the best option?
- Am I missing anything major? We are not into Musuems with 2 kids (10 and 6).
- Is doing Murano/Burano on day 2 when we have to catch a train risky?
Thanks in advance,