We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Hotels - (with character!)

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
3 posts
Save Topic
Venice Hotels - (with character!)

Hi, we are looking to stop in Venice for 2 nights during our honeymoon trip around Italy . We are looking for a really nice old fashioned small hotel. All help gladly appreciated. many thanks.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,780 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

HI titans1, Welcome to the forums. I think that MOST of the hotels in Venice are small and with character!!

2 that I have enjoyed include Ca Angeli,(which is listed as a B&B but feels like a boutique hotel to me)

and Al Ponte Mocenigo.

You can read about tons of them on this site by clicking on the hotel section on the left.There are also reviews of the hotels for you to read there.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

Thankyou for your reply they both look very nice. have you ever stayed at Ca'Della Corte? we found this on i-escape and looks lovely.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

Another charming candidate - Hotel Flora.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,780 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

The one you found in i-escapes is quite confusing as on THIS site there are 3 with similar sounding names but all in different locations and with different sorts of reviews.

I have no experience with the i-escape site so cannot advise you about it.

You might also look on

www.venere.com

You can put in a price level and get availability on a secure site and you don't pay until you arrive.

They have reviews you can read too and the reviews are ONLY written by people who have actually stayed at the hotels. I'd read reviews there and then compare with reviews here and pick a spot. The city is small so location is not as important as ambiance.

Good luck.

UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

Our favourite little family-run hotel in Venice is the Hotel Hesperia. The rooms are simply furnished with traditional Venetian decor.

The staff are friendly and welcoming, the location perfect for exploring the city on foot and there are rooms with views over the Cannaregio Canal.

www.hotelhesperia.com

Enjoy!

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,502 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

I feel that they all share the most important feature: they all come with the city attached, and all the sights within a reasonable walking distance. The most important part of the visit comes with the hotel no matter where you stay.

Georgia
Level Contributor
115 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

we stayed at hotel ponte chiodo in venice. It was great, plus we paid 100 euros per night.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

i just booked 2 nites at hotel rialto with grand canal view...a venezia must do! location absolutely perfect to see all sites. a honeymoon you won't forget! goodluck

www.rialtohotel.com

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

The Rialto Hotel is a very noisy place. Pack your ear plugs or ask for a back facing room. The vaporetti and the water taxis make a great deal of noise as do the passing herd of tourist.

For a small hotel with character and a restaurant on a small canal and breakfast in a courtyard take a look at

Do Pozzi.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Venice Hotels - (with character!)

We loved the Palazzo Priuli. Here's the website:

www.hotelpriuli.com