We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Card

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
Level Contributor
129 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Card

My husband and I will be in Venice in October of this year. We are thinking of purchasing the Venice transport card. We will be arriving in Venice by boat from Croatia and leaving from Venice airport. Can anyone tell me if the trips from the port to Venice and from Venice to the airport would be included on the transport card?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,162 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Card

Some cruise companies provide a shuttle bus from the ship to Piazzale Roma, which is the nearest land transport can get to Venice. If your company does not, you will need to take a land taxi. Once at Piazzale Roma, you can take a vaporetto to your destination in Venice. All vaporetti are included in the transport pass.

To get to the airport from some parts of Venice, it is convenient to take the direct Alilaguna ferry. This is not run by ACTV, and is not included in the transport pass. An alternative is to go by vaporetto to Piazzale Roma and then take a bus to the airport. The all-stops ACTV bus to the airport is covered by the pass, but the express ATVO bus is not.

You can get reduced prices on the pass by buying in advance through www.veniceconnected.com

Canberra
Level Contributor
129 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Card

Thank you. This clarifies things for me.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,104 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Card

Do get your card through Venice Connected. You can pick it up at P Roma when you arrive, The discounts are very good compared with the Venice Pass, and much, much better than paying E6.50 a trip on the vaporetto.

Canberra
Level Contributor
129 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Card

Thanks. We do plan to get it through Venice Connect. We are just trying to work out if any of the extras - toilets, museums etc are worth getting.

wiltshire uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice Card

do children need a card are they free on buses etc ?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,162 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice Card

Children of 4 years and older have to pay the full adult fare.

Canberra
Level Contributor
129 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice Card

Do you know whether it is worth getting the museum pass added to the card? Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,104 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice Card

You can run comparisons by looking at Venice Card and Venice Connected.

hellovenezia.com/jsp/…index.jsp

and

www.veniceconnected.com check under services

I don't know the age of your children, but students aged 14-29 get special discounts. See under "rolling venice" on the Venice Card site.

Any museum passes etc on the Venice Connected site seem to be worthwhile but you need to check it against what you intend to do. I would not bother with the toilet pass unless you have a particular need (baby changing, weak bladder)as you are better to go to a bar and use the facilities.

Passes for the Chorus Churches which charge admission can be bought at the churches for E9 to cover the lot, so probably no advantage to getting these as part of a pass.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice Card

Also some museums are not even covered by the pass,

Ruston, Louisiana
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Venice Card

I am going to venice on July 12, 2009. Could I by transport pass on line before going to venice?