We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traghetto Crossings?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Traghetto Crossings?

Is there a traghetto crossing near the Rialto Brige area? I am trying to find a way to get to Fondamente Nove from the Rialto area to go to Murano and I thought it might take less time if we could cross over and walk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,567 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traghetto Crossings?

Yes there is from the Fish Market area to the Ca'o dor,

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traghetto Crossings?

Basically you would take the traghetto from rialto mercato...go to strada nova and turn right...got to apostoli (not very far) and turn left(there is a cafe there and if you by mistake go right you will be crossing a bridge...DON'T turn around and go straight you will pass Peter's tea shop))..go straight until you get to fondemente nove....

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,567 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traghetto Crossings?

From the Station area Ferrovia stop, you can get a Vaporetto to Murano line 42

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traghetto Crossings?

Thank you

Do you think it is shorter to walk from rialto to Fondamente Nove or Rialto to Ferrovia?

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traghetto Crossings?

it is shorter to walk from Rialto to fondamente nove...where exactly are you coming from? there is no need to go all the way to the train station to get to a vap that goes to Murano...

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
733 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traghetto Crossings?

We are going to walk from our apartment rental( five minutes up from the San Basilio stop) to Santa Maria Dei Frari and San Rocco and the Rialto Market.

I thought we might go over to Murano after that and was looking for a convenient short way to catch the boat to Murano.

Also I would like to return from Murano to San Basilio and I was wondering if I am correct in thinking I could take the DM to Ple Roma and then change to 61 to return to San Basilio?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,567 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traghetto Crossings?

From Piazzale Roma you could also get the No. 2 Vaporetto to San Basilio

8. Re: Traghetto Crossings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2009, 06:15