We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bag check at St. Mark's?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
480 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Bag check at St. Mark's?

I haven't found a posting on this topic, so I thought I'd start one. I've heard that if we check our bags, we can skip the entrance line at St. Mark's. This seems too good to be true -- can anyone verify this?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bag check at St. Mark's?

It's apparently true, but if you don't want to take a bag to St. Mark's just in order to check it, you can skip the line by booking a timed entry for free online at

venetoinside.com/en/basilica_of_san_marco/

Canada
Level Contributor
480 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bag check at St. Mark's?

Great advice! Thank you!

Wollongong Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bag check at St. Mark's?

Have just returned from Venice and went into St Marks. The queue was not that long and we didn't have a booked entry time. We just went early in the morning after it opened. It is only big bags and back packs that seem to get pulled out of the line and made to go and check them If that happens it appeared to me that you would not be required to re-queue to get in. I had a smallish leather back pack and was allowed to carry it in. If you don't want to risk it, check it first. It's hot in that queue!

4. Re: Bag check at St. Mark's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 06:17